ATI ES1000 driver - Hardware

This is a discussion on ATI ES1000 driver - Hardware ; Hi, I am not able to find linux device driver for ATI ES1000 video controller. From where, I can download this driver. Any idea ? Thanks in advance, Arun...

  1. ATI ES1000 driver

    Hi,

    I am not able to find linux device driver for ATI ES1000 video
    controller. From where, I can download this driver. Any idea ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Arun

  2. Re: ATI ES1000 driver

    arunkumar.krishnan@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am not able to find linux device driver for ATI ES1000 video
    > controller. From where, I can download this driver. Any idea ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

    Select your Linux distribution and architecture - i.e. /x86/ or /x86-64/ -
    and download the driver. ;-)

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: ATI ES1000 driver

    I demand that arunkumar.krishnan@gmail.com may or may not have written...

    > I am not able to find linux device driver for ATI ES1000 video
    > controller. From where, I can download this driver. Any idea ?

    According to radeon(4), this is an rv100, i.e. essentially a Radeon 7000.

    Kernel:
    Text console: radeonfb or vesafb
    DRM (3D etc.): radeon

    X:
    ati or radeon (the two are equivalent; both are in xf86-video-ati)

    (If you use radeonfb and a recent xf86-video-ati, you may find that you need
    to boot with "video=radeonfb:noaccel" to avoid X locking up as soon as it's
    started.)

    [Follow up set to col.h]

    You have hate mail.

+ Reply to Thread