wanted: a video capture card - not RF/OTA/cable - Hardware

This is a discussion on wanted: a video capture card - not RF/OTA/cable - Hardware ; I'm looking for a good choice of video capture card. But I don't one (just) RF input. I'm really looking for component (YPbPr) input with hardware compression, and a corresponding output. If it can also do other formats of video, ...

  1. wanted: a video capture card - not RF/OTA/cable

    I'm looking for a good choice of video capture card. But I don't one (just)
    RF input. I'm really looking for component (YPbPr) input with hardware
    compression, and a corresponding output. If it can also do other formats
    of video, that's a plus. HD would be a big plus, too.

    --
    |WARNING: Due to extreme spam, I no longer see any articles originating from |
    | Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by more readers |

  2. Re: wanted: a video capture card - not RF/OTA/cable

    phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    > I'm looking for a good choice of video capture card. But I don't one (just)
    > RF input. I'm really looking for component (YPbPr) input with hardware
    > compression, and a corresponding output. If it can also do other formats
    > of video, that's a plus. HD would be a big plus, too.

    Would an Osprey do what you need? (www.viewcast.com) We use the 200/220
    cards for a/v streaming capture with the bttv driver. TBH, though, I
    don't know how much is hardware assisted; you'll have to check the specs.

    Chris

  3. Re: wanted: a video capture card - not RF/OTA/cable

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:28:16 +0100 Chris Davies wrote:

    | phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    |> I'm looking for a good choice of video capture card. But I don't one (just)
    |> RF input. I'm really looking for component (YPbPr) input with hardware
    |> compression, and a corresponding output. If it can also do other formats
    |> of video, that's a plus. HD would be a big plus, too.
    |
    | Would an Osprey do what you need? (www.viewcast.com) We use the 200/220
    | cards for a/v streaming capture with the bttv driver. TBH, though, I
    | don't know how much is hardware assisted; you'll have to check the specs.

    It doesn't have component input. It has SDI, so a separate component to SDI
    device would make it workable. It has no output, though.

    Costs are probably going to be way high by the time that is added. I can't
    download the spec sheets without logging in and I'm sure not going to give
    them any valid info to register.

    --
    |WARNING: Due to extreme spam, I no longer see any articles originating from |
    | Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by more readers |
    | you will need to find a different place to post on Usenet. |

  4. Re: wanted: a video capture card - not RF/OTA/cable

    On 4/20/2008 5:59 PM PT, phil-news-nospam@ipal.net typed:

    > |> I'm looking for a good choice of video capture card. But I don't one (just)
    > |> RF input. I'm really looking for component (YPbPr) input with hardware
    > |> compression, and a corresponding output. If it can also do other formats
    > |> of video, that's a plus. HD would be a big plus, too.
    > |
    > | Would an Osprey do what you need? (www.viewcast.com) We use the 200/220
    > | cards for a/v streaming capture with the bttv driver. TBH, though, I
    > | don't know how much is hardware assisted; you'll have to check the specs.
    >
    > It doesn't have component input. It has SDI, so a separate component to SDI
    > device would make it workable. It has no output, though.
    >
    > Costs are probably going to be way high by the time that is added. I can't
    > download the spec sheets without logging in and I'm sure not going to give
    > them any valid info to register.

    Does BugMeNot have an account for it? Why not enter fake information?
    Obviously, you need a valid e-mail address (use the free ones).
    --
    "We are anthill men upon an anthill world." --Ray Bradbury
    /\___/\
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  5. Re: wanted: a video capture card - not RF/OTA/cable

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 06:29:08 -0700 Ant wrote:
    | On 4/20/2008 5:59 PM PT, phil-news-nospam@ipal.net typed:

    |> |
    |> | Would an Osprey do what you need? (www.viewcast.com) We use the 200/220
    |> | cards for a/v streaming capture with the bttv driver. TBH, though, I
    |> | don't know how much is hardware assisted; you'll have to check the specs.
    |>
    |> It doesn't have component input. It has SDI, so a separate component to SDI
    |> device would make it workable. It has no output, though.
    |>
    |> Costs are probably going to be way high by the time that is added. I can't
    |> download the spec sheets without logging in and I'm sure not going to give
    |> them any valid info to register.
    |
    | Does BugMeNot have an account for it? Why not enter fake information?
    | Obviously, you need a valid e-mail address (use the free ones).

    I'd rather just not do business with people that insist on signups like that.