Kevin the Drummer wrote:
> I've used my Compaq Armada E500 laptop with Mandriva since
> 2007.0. My Cisco wireless card has always worked without any
> issue using a Linux driver. I think it uses the airo_cs module,
> but it's hard for me to tell without reinstalling 2008.0.
>
> When I boot 2008.1 there's a long (a few minutes) pause after I
> see the following boot-up message (without the line breaks):
>

> Starting udev: modprobe: WARNING Error inserting padlock_aes
> (/lib/modules/2.6.24.4-laptop-1mnb/kernel/drivers/crypto/padlock-aes.ko.gz):
> No such device
>

> Before that message the power and traffic lights on the
> card flash. After that message those lights never light
> again. Needless to say, networking doesn't work. If I remove
> the wireless card, then the above error doesn't occur, and the
> machine boots up without pausing.

I found my answer. The clue was here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...22/+bug/195218

I created a file called /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-aironet and in
it I put the lines:

blacklist padlock_aes
blacklist geode_aes

After that I no longer get long delays when booting at the
"starting udev" step. My Cisco wireless card works again.

FYI....

Show Windows & Gates to the exit door.