Linux Raid from scratch and experience is yours - Hardware

This is a discussion on Linux Raid from scratch and experience is yours - Hardware ; This post is to spark discussion (doh) About what? Discussion about YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. What Experience? Experience of Raid On Linux. What raid. Software and hardware. And linux? All versions . Why this discussions? To gather data and be able ...

  1. Linux Raid from scratch and experience is yours

    This post is to spark discussion (doh)
    About what?
    Discussion about YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
    What Experience?
    Experience of Raid On Linux.
    What raid.
    Software and hardware.
    And linux?
    All versions .
    Why this discussions?
    To gather data and be able to make decisions regarding this subject in
    real life.(yes really)

    What is required and how to format this posts?
    If you post her be specific in this subject and letter code them as
    shown here.
    F- Inter(face) >scsi,sata.pata
    H- Controller and hard drives used (hardware)>brand.model
    numbers,chip set,price, place of
    purchase, configuration.
    S- (software) used> distribution,kernel
    I- (installation)
    M- (maintenance)
    R- data (recovery)
    L- (links) to external resources
    O- (other) >benchmarks.......
    C- (Contact)Optional:Include your email in form:
    mailboxATdomaindDOTdomain
    to be contacted for details if needed.

    Short to the point but specific.
    Leave out conclusions and hate.

    Thank You for contribution:

  2. Re: Linux Raid from scratch and experience is yours

    On Apr 8, 11:11 am, linux konqueror in progress
    wrote:
    > This post is to spark discussion (doh)
    > About what?
    > Discussion about YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
    > What Experience?
    > Experience of Raid On Linux.
    > What raid.
    > Software and hardware.
    > And linux?
    > All versions .
    > Why this discussions?
    > To gather data and be able to make decisions regarding this subject in
    > real life.(yes really)
    >
    > What is required and how to format this posts?
    > If you post her be specific in this subject and letter code them as
    > shown here.
    > F- Inter(face) >scsi,sata.pata
    > H- Controller and hard drives used (hardware)>brand.model
    > numbers,chip set,price, place of
    > purchase, configuration.
    > S- (software) used> distribution,kernel
    > I- (installation)
    > M- (maintenance)
    > R- data (recovery)
    > L- (links) to external resources
    > O- (other) >benchmarks.......
    > C- (Contact)Optional:Include your email in form:
    > mailboxATdomaindDOTdomain
    > to be contacted for details if needed.
    >
    > Short to the point but specific.
    > Leave out conclusions and hate.
    >
    > Thank You for contribution:

    F- SATA
    H- 3ware 9550-sxu-4lp Seagate 2x500gb ST3500320AS (ebay,itclub.com)
    configured as two exported independent disks- system on one disk
    backup by rsync on other.
    S- Ubuntu 8.04 current kernel 32 bit
    I- smooth no complications or surprises
    r- as per 3w mfg data should be accessible in this configuration from
    any sata controller

    u4davidatgmaildotcom

+ Reply to Thread