video capture card - Hardware

This is a discussion on video capture card - Hardware ; I have a wintv-pvr-350 that I have been trying to get to wok under fedora core 8. I have had no luck yet. can somebody point me to a good site on how to set it up correctly. I think ...

  1. video capture card

    I have a wintv-pvr-350 that I have been trying to get to wok under fedora
    core 8. I have had no luck yet. can somebody point me to a good site on
    how to set it up correctly. I think I am doing something wrong.

  2. Re: video capture card

    Doug wrote:

    > I have a wintv-pvr-350 that I have been trying to get to wok under fedora
    > core 8. I have had no luck yet. can somebody point me to a good site on
    > how to set it up correctly. I think I am doing something wrong.

    Here on gentoo... I just compile the ivtv driver... then modprobe ivtv...
    then run software that accesses the hardware. I use and love mythtv. Works
    perfectly... almost. :')

    All you need to know is in the ivtv documentation and on the mythtv website.

    Cheers.

    P.S. Once you get that down pat, have a look at mvpmc... for another $60.00
    you can stream the videos that mythtv captures to any tv in the house....

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

+ Reply to Thread