pci to pcmcia adapters - Hardware

This is a discussion on pci to pcmcia adapters - Hardware ; Hello, I'd like to know if anybody has already used a pci to pcmcia adapter with Linux. I'd like to embed a 3g pcmcia card in a network appliance linux system without any pcmcia slot. Any experience in such a ...

  1. pci to pcmcia adapters

    Hello,

    I'd like to know if anybody has already used a pci to pcmcia adapter
    with Linux.

    I'd like to embed a 3g pcmcia card in a network appliance linux system
    without any pcmcia slot.

    Any experience in such a device ?

  2. Re: pci to pcmcia adapters

    tartinator wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'd like to know if anybody has already used a pci to pcmcia adapter
    > with Linux.
    >
    > I'd like to embed a 3g pcmcia card in a network appliance linux system
    > without any pcmcia slot.
    >
    > Any experience in such a device ?

    Only with the ISA controllers back in the day, but the PCI controllers
    should work just as well. They are no different than those built into
    laptops.

    --
    Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
    Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.