Intel Linux supported mo-bo's - Hardware

This is a discussion on Intel Linux supported mo-bo's - Hardware ; Hi all, I was just comparing some motherboards at Intel's site ( mbsg.intel.com/mbsg/ ) and I noticed, that among those with Linux support there is none with the newer Intel p35 chipset for the 45nm CPUs. Any idea why?...

  1. Intel Linux supported mo-bo's

    Hi all, I was just comparing some motherboards at Intel's site
    ( mbsg.intel.com/mbsg/ ) and I noticed, that among those with Linux
    support there is none with the newer Intel p35 chipset for the 45nm
    CPUs.
    Any idea why?

  2. Re: Intel Linux supported mo-bo's

    > Hi all, I was just comparing some motherboards at Intel's site
    > ( mbsg.intel.com/mbsg/ ) and I noticed, that among those with Linux
    > support there is none with the newer Intel p35 chipset for the 45nm
    > CPUs.

    No. But I just put CentOS 4.5 on a machine with the p35 chipset, and it
    worked fine. The installer only ran with the SATA controllers in IDE mode,
    but once installed, I flipped it back to AHCI, and all worked well.

    steve

+ Reply to Thread