AWLL3028 (Airlink) Wireless - Hardware

This is a discussion on AWLL3028 (Airlink) Wireless - Hardware ; I've got an Airlink AWLL3028 wireless USB Adapter. I'd like to use it in Slackware 12.0 if I can, but I need a module right? Am I SOL? -Joe...

  1. AWLL3028 (Airlink) Wireless

    I've got an Airlink AWLL3028 wireless USB Adapter. I'd like to use it
    in Slackware 12.0 if I can, but I need a module right?

    Am I SOL?

    -Joe

  2. Re: AWLL3028 (Airlink) Wireless

    On Jan 31, 10:33 pm, Joseph Rosevear wrote:
    > I've got an Airlink AWLL3028 wireless USB Adapter. I'd like to use it
    > in Slackware 12.0 if I can, but I need a module right?
    >
    > Am I SOL?
    >
    > -Joe

    I have the same thing and also under slackware. I don't know if there
    is a driver for this one. Its using the 8187b chipset from realtek.
    I don't know if they have one. The latest kernel supports the 8187L
    chipset. Which can be found in a netgear wg111 v2 usb adapter. I
    think were gonna have to wait for a native linux driver for this one.
    Its a shame because the card supports wpa2 aes.

  3. Re: AWLL3028 (Airlink) Wireless

    Stephen.Wright.II@gmail.com wrote:

    [snip]

    > I have the same thing and also under slackware. I don't know if there
    > is a driver for this one. Its using the 8187b chipset from realtek.
    > I don't know if they have one. The latest kernel supports the 8187L
    > chipset. Which can be found in a netgear wg111 v2 usb adapter. I
    > think were gonna have to wait for a native linux driver for this one.
    > Its a shame because the card supports wpa2 aes.

    Stephen,

    Thanks for your reply. I found the 8187L driver on the realtek site.
    I was going to try it. Is this a waste of time? I thought "Hmmm,
    8187B, 8187L, that's almost the same..."

    Currently I'm busy updating to the latest kernel.

    Thanks for your inputs.

    -Joe

+ Reply to Thread