Samsung D500 mobile phone connection via USB cable - Hardware

This is a discussion on Samsung D500 mobile phone connection via USB cable - Hardware ; I have a Samsung D500 mobile phone, and a USB cable. I was wondering if I can connect this to my Linux computer somehow and transfer files to and from the phone. I tried connecting the phone up, and I ...

  1. Samsung D500 mobile phone connection via USB cable

    I have a Samsung D500 mobile phone, and a USB cable. I was wondering if
    I can connect this to my Linux computer somehow and transfer files to
    and from the phone.

    I tried connecting the phone up, and I was hoping this would just
    appear as a USB mass storage device, allowing me to mount the phone and
    transfer files to and from it. But it did not appear in /dev, so I don't
    know.

    Maybe I can ftp it, or point a browser at it or something. (Or maybe it is
    sing some proprietary system and I am screwed.) I don't know.

    Has anyone had any success with connecting this type of phone?

    Mark.

    --
    Mark Hobley,
    393 Quinton Road West,

  2. Re: Samsung D500 mobile phone connection via USB cable

    Mark Hobley staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    > I have a Samsung D500 mobile phone, and a USB cable. I was wondering
    > if I can connect this to my Linux computer somehow and transfer files
    > to and from the phone.
    >
    > I tried connecting the phone up, and I was hoping this would just
    > appear as a USB mass storage device

    Yeah. Right. If you could use standard protocols to transfer data
    to/from a phone, what do you think this would do to a phone company's
    profit margins? There might be something usable if you search
    freshmeat.net for "samsung"; that gave me the sambru package as well as
    a ringtone app. Try those out. I don't know for sure as my phone's a
    very primitive model and I don't even have a cable for it. HTH anyway,

    --
    Love is a snowmobile racing across the Arctic tundra that suddenly
    flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the Ice Weasels come.

  3. Re: Samsung D500 mobile phone connection via USB cable

    On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:08:07 +0000, Mark Hobley rearranged some electrons
    to say:

    > I have a Samsung D500 mobile phone, and a USB cable. I was wondering if
    > I can connect this to my Linux computer somehow and transfer files to
    > and from the phone.
    >
    > I tried connecting the phone up, and I was hoping this would just appear
    > as a USB mass storage device, allowing me to mount the phone and
    > transfer files to and from it. But it did not appear in /dev, so I don't
    > know.
    >
    > Maybe I can ftp it, or point a browser at it or something. (Or maybe it
    > is sing some proprietary system and I am screwed.) I don't know.
    >
    > Has anyone had any success with connecting this type of phone?
    >
    > Mark.

    google -> bitpim

+ Reply to Thread