nvidia quadro fx1600M not working in linux ? - Hardware

This is a discussion on nvidia quadro fx1600M not working in linux ? - Hardware ; Hi All I have a new laptop (Hp 8710w) equipped with nvidia quadro fx1600M .. I've been tring different ubuntu version (7.10 6.06 ) and Fedora 8 ... but it seems that x server does not start ... Does anyone ...

  1. nvidia quadro fx1600M not working in linux ?

    Hi All

    I have a new laptop (Hp 8710w) equipped with nvidia quadro fx1600M ..

    I've been tring different ubuntu version (7.10 6.06 ) and Fedora 8 ...
    but it seems that x server does not start ...

    Does anyone know how can I make it work correctly???

    Regards

    Giuseppe

  2. Re: nvidia quadro fx1600M not working in linux ?

    On 2008-01-28, Giuseppe hit the keyboard and wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have a new laptop (Hp 8710w) equipped with nvidia quadro fx1600M ..
    >
    > I've been tring different ubuntu version (7.10 6.06 ) and Fedora 8 ...
    > but it seems that x server does not start ...

    Either it does or it doesn't do you get a error saying "Your Xserver
    could not start" or something of the like?

    Have you looked at the nvidia site?
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_d...32_169.09.html

    Your card is included in it.

    > Does anyone know how can I make it work correctly???

    Yes a poster I know from another news-group alt.os.linux.ubuntu put
    up a site. So please visit it and gain the desired knowledge :-)

    http://littlergirl.googlepages.com/N...wTo.html#toc13

    Just follow these instructions. Replace the version number and it
    will work. I hope you do have a working Internet, otherwise you need
    to download and install the needed headers/sources via other means.

    So please post how it went OK?

    Good luck.

    > Regards
    >
    > Giuseppe

    Dragomir -himself using nvidia driver- Kollaric
    --
    Q: Do you know what the death-rate around here is?
    A: One per person!

+ Reply to Thread