how install USB modem an other - Hardware

This is a discussion on how install USB modem an other - Hardware ; I have recently installed Ubuntu 7.10 (x86_32bits) than i have a little USB external modem "Trust MD-1250 56k USB V92 modem" that i have to install. there is some problem for allow the connection for internet the "\dev\modem" is not ...

  1. how install USB modem an other

    I have recently installed Ubuntu 7.10 (x86_32bits)
    than i have a little USB external modem
    "Trust MD-1250 56k USB V92 modem"
    that i have to install.

    there is some problem for allow the connection
    for internet

    the "\dev\modem" is not created
    if i allow to run some configuartion tool:
    "sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf"

    the test find no port of modem
    [the same sudo pppconfig]

    but in some way the OS system know there is a modem because in the graphical
    configuration tool
    of the net find
    there is the modem (not work too)

    and the tree of scansion of all hardware
    find the modem someting like
    "Trust MD-1250 56k USB V92 modem"
    and the device file for it seems "/dev/1-2"

    the question is:
    there is a program like the Hiper terminal in windows that allow me to talk
    with that modem?
    i know linux talk to modem because the string
    it print are the result of some at commands
    to the modem

    there is a way to configure it easyly?

    ----------------

    then it seems there is a problem in the start
    of OS in the new PC acer i have too

    the os linux, like the os vista boot well only
    if the monitor is off (or the 3th time of boot
    don't have try well)

    the os vista that i have format
    said blu screen "STOP 0xC000021a
    (0x89f6f4f90, 0, 0xc0000001, 0x0010037c, 0x8a865888)"

    the registers says
    "Il Bios ACPL non contiene un IRQ per il dispositivo nello slot PCI6,
    funzione 0
    contattare il fornitore del sistema per il
    supporto tecnico"

    "Il Bios ACPL non contiene un IRQ per il dispositivo nello slot PCI31,
    funzione 0
    contattare il fornitore del sistema per il
    supporto tecnico"

    the "supporto tecnico" says i have to reistall
    the vista from the program (i have format all
    the disck ) )

    you think i have to reqest the warranty
    or think that this error is not too much wrong
    or it not goes worst in the future?

  2. Re: how install USB modem an other

    Ros wrote:
    > I have recently installed Ubuntu 7.10 (x86_32bits)
    > than i have a little USB external modem
    > "Trust MD-1250 56k USB V92 modem"
    > that i have to install.
    >
    > there is some problem for allow the connection
    > for internet
    >
    > the "\dev\modem" is not created
    > if i allow to run some configuartion tool:
    > "sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf"
    >
    > the test find no port of modem
    > [the same sudo pppconfig]
    >
    > but in some way the OS system know there is a modem because in the graphical
    > configuration tool
    > of the net find
    > there is the modem (not work too)
    >
    > and the tree of scansion of all hardware
    > find the modem someting like
    > "Trust MD-1250 56k USB V92 modem"
    > and the device file for it seems "/dev/1-2"
    >
    > the question is:
    > there is a program like the Hiper terminal in windows that allow me to talk
    > with that modem?
    > i know linux talk to modem because the string
    > it print are the result of some at commands
    > to the modem
    >
    > there is a way to configure it easyly?
    >
    > ----------------
    >
    > then it seems there is a problem in the start
    > of OS in the new PC acer i have too
    >
    > the os linux, like the os vista boot well only
    > if the monitor is off (or the 3th time of boot
    > don't have try well)
    >
    > the os vista that i have format
    > said blu screen "STOP 0xC000021a
    > (0x89f6f4f90, 0, 0xc0000001, 0x0010037c, 0x8a865888)"
    >
    > the registers says
    > "Il Bios ACPL non contiene un IRQ per il dispositivo nello slot PCI6,
    > funzione 0
    > contattare il fornitore del sistema per il
    > supporto tecnico"
    >
    > "Il Bios ACPL non contiene un IRQ per il dispositivo nello slot PCI31,
    > funzione 0
    > contattare il fornitore del sistema per il
    > supporto tecnico"
    >
    > the "supporto tecnico" says i have to reistall
    > the vista from the program (i have format all
    > the disck ) )
    >
    > you think i have to reqest the warranty
    > or think that this error is not too much wrong
    > or it not goes worst in the future?

    Try opening KPPP from the terminal prompt if it isn't in your Internet
    menu. Gnome may have a slight different name for the tool,

    Explore KPPP throughly and you should find all the tools you need to
    get your modem working?

    later
    bliss -- C O C O A Powered... (at california dot com)

    --
    bobbie sellers - (Back to Angband) Team *AMIGA & SF-LUG*

    Your tag lines (k) were stolen! (more)
    There is a puff of smoke!

  3. Re: how install USB modem an other

    Can you see /dev/ttyUSB0

    Ros wrote:
    > I have recently installed Ubuntu 7.10 (x86_32bits)
    > than i have a little USB external modem
    > "Trust MD-1250 56k USB V92 modem"
    > that i have to install.
    >
    > there is some problem for allow the connection
    > for internet
    >
    > the "\dev\modem" is not created
    > if i allow to run some configuartion tool:
    > "sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf"
    >
    > the test find no port of modem
    > [the same sudo pppconfig]
    >
    > but in some way the OS system know there is a modem because in the graphical
    > configuration tool
    > of the net find
    > there is the modem (not work too)
    >
    > and the tree of scansion of all hardware
    > find the modem someting like
    > "Trust MD-1250 56k USB V92 modem"
    > and the device file for it seems "/dev/1-2"
    >
    > the question is:
    > there is a program like the Hiper terminal in windows that allow me to talk
    > with that modem?
    > i know linux talk to modem because the string
    > it print are the result of some at commands
    > to the modem
    >
    > there is a way to configure it easyly?
    >
    > ----------------
    >
    > then it seems there is a problem in the start
    > of OS in the new PC acer i have too
    >
    > the os linux, like the os vista boot well only
    > if the monitor is off (or the 3th time of boot
    > don't have try well)
    >
    > the os vista that i have format
    > said blu screen "STOP 0xC000021a
    > (0x89f6f4f90, 0, 0xc0000001, 0x0010037c, 0x8a865888)"
    >
    > the registers says
    > "Il Bios ACPL non contiene un IRQ per il dispositivo nello slot PCI6,
    > funzione 0
    > contattare il fornitore del sistema per il
    > supporto tecnico"
    >
    > "Il Bios ACPL non contiene un IRQ per il dispositivo nello slot PCI31,
    > funzione 0
    > contattare il fornitore del sistema per il
    > supporto tecnico"
    >
    > the "supporto tecnico" says i have to reistall
    > the vista from the program (i have format all
    > the disck ) )
    >
    > you think i have to reqest the warranty
    > or think that this error is not too much wrong
    > or it not goes worst in the future?

  4. Re: how install USB modem an other

    "Ros" ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:4798e0f5$0$36443$4fafbaef@reader5.news.tin.it ...
    >I have recently installed Ubuntu 7.10 (x86_32bits)
    > than i have a little USB external modem
    > "Trust MD-1250 56k USB V92 modem"
    > that i have to install.
    >
    > there is some problem for allow the connection
    > for internet
    >
    > the "\dev\modem" is not created
    > if i allow to run some configuartion tool:
    > "sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf"
    >
    > the test find no port of modem
    > [the same sudo pppconfig]
    >
    > but in some way the OS system know there is a modem because in the
    > graphical
    > configuration tool
    > of the net find
    > there is the modem (not work too)
    >
    > and the tree of scansion of all hardware
    > find the modem someting like
    > "Trust MD-1250 56k USB V92 modem"
    > and the device file for it seems "/dev/1-2"
    >
    > the question is:
    > there is a program like the Hiper terminal in windows that allow me to
    > talk
    > with that modem?
    > i know linux talk to modem because the string
    > it print are the result of some at commands
    > to the modem
    >
    > there is a way to configure it easyly?
    >
    > ----------------
    >
    > then it seems there is a problem in the start
    > of OS in the new PC acer i have too
    >
    > the os linux, like the os vista boot well only
    > if the monitor is off (or the 3th time of boot
    > don't have try well)
    >
    > the os vista that i have format
    > said blu screen "STOP 0xC000021a
    > (0x89f6f4f90, 0, 0xc0000001, 0x0010037c, 0x8a865888)"
    >
    > the registers says
    > "Il Bios ACPL non contiene un IRQ per il dispositivo nello slot PCI6,
    > funzione 0
    > contattare il fornitore del sistema per il
    > supporto tecnico"
    >
    > "Il Bios ACPL non contiene un IRQ per il dispositivo nello slot PCI31,
    > funzione 0
    > contattare il fornitore del sistema per il
    > supporto tecnico"
    >
    > the "supporto tecnico" says i have to reistall
    > the vista from the program (i have format all
    > the disck ) )
    >
    > you think i have to reqest the warranty
    > or think that this error is not too much wrong
    > or it not goes worst in the future?

    it seems not depend from monitor but for the
    cpu temperature

    if the cpu is cold (15 16) there is the
    shutdown

  5. Re: how install USB modem an other