Acer, AMD, GeForce 6150 LE - Hardware

This is a discussion on Acer, AMD, GeForce 6150 LE - Hardware ; I found a discount machine just now.. but, I am hesitant about the Acer brand, and any obscure tweaks for the GeForce 6150 LE. I would load Ubuntu 7.10 on it most likely. for example, I cannot find specs for ...

  1. Acer, AMD, GeForce 6150 LE

    I found a discount machine just now.. but, I am hesitant about the
    Acer brand, and any obscure tweaks for the GeForce 6150 LE. I would
    load Ubuntu 7.10 on it most likely.

    for example, I cannot find specs for the motherboard.. the Acer site
    does not respond in the US. The global site searches forever and comes
    up empty.

    it says it uses Dual Channel, DDR2 667 (PC2-5300), with 4 memory
    slots. that sounds good.
    SATA, but I cant tell if its I or II. Firewire, which is good for
    me..

    comments welcome

  2. Re: Acer, AMD, GeForce 6150 LE

    > it says it uses Dual Channel, DDR2 667 (PC2-5300), with 4 memory
    > slots. that sounds good.
    > SATA, but I cant tell if its I or II. *Firewire, which is good for
    > me..

    got through on the web site.. but the specs page comes up 404.
    it *does* imply SATA II.. I just wonder if I would ever get a BIOS
    update, for example

    > comments welcome

  3. Re: Acer, AMD, GeForce 6150 LE

    I demand that darkblueB may or may not have written...

    [snip]
    > SATA, but I cant tell if its I or II.

    [snip]

    SATA I, probably at 3Gb/s. There's no such thing as SATA II.

    http://www.sata-io.org/namingguidelines.asp

    | + Buy less and make it last longer. INDUSTRY CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING.

    A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small package.

  4. Re: Acer, AMD, GeForce 6150 LE

    on Friday 25 January 2008 03:18
    in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.hardware
    Darren Salt wrote:

    > I demand that darkblueB may or may not have written...
    >
    > [snip]
    >> SATA, but I cant tell if its I or II.

    > [snip]
    >
    > SATA I, probably at 3Gb/s. There's no such thing as SATA II.
    >
    > http://www.sata-io.org/namingguidelines.asp

    Don't you mean "SATA", because there is no such thing
    as "SATA I" or "SATA II"? >:->

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

  5. Re: Acer, AMD, GeForce 6150 LE

    > Don't you mean "SATA", because there is no such thing
    > as "SATA I" or "SATA II"? * >:-> *
    >
    > --

    SATA - ok
    we'll see how things go.. it arrives next week

  6. Re: Acer, AMD, GeForce 6150 LE

    I demand that Peter D. may or may not have written...

    > on Friday 25 January 2008 03:18
    > in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.hardware
    > Darren Salt wrote:
    >> I demand that darkblueB may or may not have written...
    >> [snip]
    >>> SATA, but I cant tell if its I or II.

    >> [snip]
    >> SATA I, probably at 3Gb/s. There's no such thing as SATA II.
    >> http://www.sata-io.org/namingguidelines.asp

    > Don't you mean "SATA", because there is no such thing as "SATA I" or "SATA
    > II"? >:->

    Strictly, yes. However, I'm assuming that one day there will be a SATA II. :-)

    | + Buy less and make it last longer. INDUSTRY CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING.

    I don't get no respect.

  7. Re: Acer, AMD, GeForce 6150 LE

    well, I was wrong to be worried.. 4 SATA ports on board, RAM checks
    out.. Ubuntu installed with Zero Headache.
    sign me a happy camper so far

+ Reply to Thread