Looking for tiny server - Hardware

This is a discussion on Looking for tiny server - Hardware ; I'm looking for recommendations for a tiny server (to run under Fedora). I'm thinking of a fanless machine with a flash drive, eg the M61G (or M72G) Mini-ITX machine , which someone mentioned on this list a few weeks ago? ...

  1. Looking for tiny server

    I'm looking for recommendations for a tiny server
    (to run under Fedora).

    I'm thinking of a fanless machine with a flash drive,
    eg the M61G (or M72G) Mini-ITX machine
    ,
    which someone mentioned on this list a few weeks ago?

    I've also been looking at Bubba
    .

    The server would only be woken occasionally,
    and should use as little energy as possible while sleeping.

    Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  2. Re: Looking for tiny server

    > The server would only be woken occasionally,
    > and should use as little energy as possible while sleeping.
    >
    > Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

    You could try a fit-pc, they only draw 5 watts when they're running. Most
    normal machines draw that much from the wall when they're plugged in and
    turned off.

    steve

+ Reply to Thread