Re: How to get a sharper image and audio from a computer on a TVthrough a digital connection? - Hardware

This is a discussion on Re: How to get a sharper image and audio from a computer on a TVthrough a digital connection? - Hardware ; D schrieb: > Hello! > A Samsung LCD TV LE-32r71b shows 1360*768 resolution image through its > HDMI input (through Gembird DVI-HDMI cable) from a computer DVI output > (video card Gigabyte HD 2600 pro) with much lower quality than ...

  1. Re: How to get a sharper image and audio from a computer on a TVthrough a digital connection?

    D schrieb:
    > Hello!
    > A Samsung LCD TV LE-32r71b shows 1360*768 resolution image through its
    > HDMI input (through Gembird DVI-HDMI cable) from a computer DVI output
    > (video card Gigabyte HD 2600 pro) with much lower quality than through
    > D-sub input: there ara black borders around the image, the image is
    > much less sharp. The TV does not receive audio also, although the
    > Gigabyte HD 2600 pro outputs audio through the DVI output. How to get
    > a sharper image and audio through the digital connection?

    Try other resolutions. The TV might want to scale the input resolution.
    Try to find its native resolution.

    Not all TVs are good for computer monitors. They might try to clip off the overscan region
    of "analog" TV.

    So long,
    Thomas

  2. Re: How to get a sharper image and audio from a computer on a TV through a digital connection?

    "Thomas Richter" wrote in message
    >D schrieb:
    >> Hello!
    >> A Samsung LCD TV LE-32r71b shows 1360*768 resolution image through its
    >> HDMI input (through Gembird DVI-HDMI cable) from a computer DVI output
    >> (video card Gigabyte HD 2600 pro) with much lower quality than through
    >> D-sub input: there ara black borders around the image, the image is
    >> much less sharp. The TV does not receive audio also, although the
    >> Gigabyte HD 2600 pro outputs audio through the DVI output. How to get
    >> a sharper image and audio through the digital connection?

    > Try other resolutions. The TV might want to scale the input resolution.
    > Try to find its native resolution.
    >
    > Not all TVs are good for computer monitors. They might try to clip off the
    > overscan region
    > of "analog" TV.

    I know Sony screens do this - you can go into the menus and select the
    amount of overscan to use , or select one to one pixel mapping for the best
    results with a PC

    --
    Alex

    New laptop - Sig missing

  3. Re: How to get a sharper image and audio from a computer on a TVthrough a digital connection? > resolution setting

    Thomas Richter wrote:
    > D schrieb:
    >
    >>Hello!
    >>A Samsung LCD TV LE-32r71b shows 1360*768 resolution image through its
    >>HDMI input (through Gembird DVI-HDMI cable) from a computer DVI output
    >>(video card Gigabyte HD 2600 pro) with much lower quality than through
    >>D-sub input: there ara black borders around the image, the image is
    >>much less sharp. The TV does not receive audio also, although the
    >>Gigabyte HD 2600 pro outputs audio through the DVI output. How to get
    >>a sharper image and audio through the digital connection?

    > Try other resolutions. The TV might want to scale the input resolution.
    > Try to find its native resolution.
    >
    > Not all TVs are good for computer monitors. They might try to clip off the overscan region
    > of "analog" TV.
    >
    > So long,
    > Thomas

    ----

    Hi,

    We just bought a 46" Samsung LCD TV.

    Where to download its monitor driver that enable to connect pc to lcd tv ?

    Our XP pc existing resolution is 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768 that lower than
    1366 x 768.

    How to set it to 1366 x 768 or 1360 x 768 or 1400 x 768 ?

    Thank you.

    Isaac

+ Reply to Thread