PCMCIA LPT card based on SUNIX 1888 compatible with Linux? - Hardware

This is a discussion on PCMCIA LPT card based on SUNIX 1888 compatible with Linux? - Hardware ; Hi All, I have a problem with my new laptop which is not equipped with the LPT port (a common situation these days :-( ). Unfortunately many of my LPT connected hardware do not work with the USB LPT dongles ...

  1. PCMCIA LPT card based on SUNIX 1888 compatible with Linux?

    Hi All,

    I have a problem with my new laptop which is not equipped with the LPT
    port (a common situation these days :-( ).
    Unfortunately many of my LPT connected hardware do not work with
    the USB<->LPT dongles (eg. FPGA programmers, uC programmers...).
    The problem could probably be solved by buying the PCMCIA LPT card.
    However the only cards which I can find are based on the SUNIX 1888
    chipset, and there is no information if it is Linux compatible.

    Does anybody know, if it is possible to use the SUNIX 1888 based PCMCIA board
    with the Linux laptop?
    If not, what chipset should I look for?
    --
    TIA & Regards,
    Wojtek Zabolotny

  2. Re: PCMCIA LPT card based on SUNIX 1888 compatible with Linux?

    OK. I have solved the problem, buying the card based on the Netmos
    9805 chipset.

    The interesting thing however is that it doesn't work with my old
    DSO-2100 scope
    under windows (because the port is continuously in the ECP mode),
    while it
    works perfectly with this scope under Linux with driver based on
    information
    obtained from http://freenet-homepage.de/kritikus/...c/dso2100.html
    (Both card, and scope are theoretically win-only)
    --
    Regards, Wojtek

+ Reply to Thread