May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8? - Hardware

This is a discussion on May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8? - Hardware ; May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8? Since 965G has only SATA interface and AS3-U8 is failed to setup on hosts with 965G board. Where may I find the supported hardware list? Thanks for your help! Have a good day! ...

  1. May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8?

    May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8? Since 965G has only SATA
    interface and AS3-U8 is failed to setup on hosts with 965G board. Where may
    I find the supported hardware list? Thanks for your help!

    Have a good day!

    Regards,

    Joffre

  2. Re: May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8?

    On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:32:03 +0800, tech11 wrote:

    > May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8? Since 965G has only SATA
    > interface and AS3-U8 is failed to setup on hosts with 965G board. Where
    > may I find the supported hardware list? Thanks for your help!
    >
    > Have a good day!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Joffre

    You need a modern distro. You can get RHEL5 to install on that board but
    you'll have to build your own kernel to get the ethernet to work. You
    would be much better off using Fedora 7, it will work right out of the
    box. If you need RHAS3 for some reason I'd suggest that you use VMware on
    top of Fedora 7. F7 will handle the hardware and the VM will give you
    software compatibility.

+ Reply to Thread