webcam software - Hardware

This is a discussion on webcam software - Hardware ; Borrowed a logitech web cam somebody found at work. What software do I need under Suse Linux to at lest get it turned on or an image. Thanks for any info....

  1. webcam software

    Borrowed a logitech web cam somebody found at work. What software do I
    need under Suse Linux to at lest get it turned on or an image.

    Thanks for any info.

  2. Re: webcam software

    A Concerned Citizen@concernedcitizen.com wrote:
    > Borrowed a logitech web cam somebody found at work. What software do I
    > need under Suse Linux to at lest get it turned on or an image.
    >
    > Thanks for any info.

    All the cams I have 'found' simply pnp if they are working and not
    burned out.

    But, some that are only CIF for legacy (M$) only work after the 2.6.22
    kernel added it.

  3. Re: webcam software

    Den Sun, 14 Oct 2007 03:37:10 +0000 skrev A Concerned
    Citizen@concernedcitizen.com:

    > Borrowed a logitech web cam somebody found at work. What software do I
    > need under Suse Linux to at lest get it turned on or an image.
    >
    > Thanks for any info.

    Have a look on the 'pwc' Philips USB Webcam Driver for Linux:
    http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/
    It does not support newer Logitech webcam's but most of the old one's.

    /Anders

  4. Re: webcam software

    On 2007-10-14, A Concerned Citizen@concernedcitizen.com <"A Concerned Citizen"@concernedcitizen.com> wrote:

    > Borrowed a logitech web cam somebody found at work. What software do I
    > need under Suse Linux to at lest get it turned on or an image.

    Many web cams (USB and PP) can use the CPiA module. Read the
    Documentation/video4linux/README.cpia file in your kernel source tree
    for more information.

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

+ Reply to Thread