Driver SIS 968 for linux - Hardware

This is a discussion on Driver SIS 968 for linux - Hardware ; Someone... Know about Driver for Chipset SIS 671FX / 968.. more especific the south bridge SIS 968 which controls the SATA? I did find its in SIS site. Thank for you attention...

  1. Driver SIS 968 for linux

    Someone... Know about Driver for Chipset SIS 671FX / 968.. more
    especific the south bridge SIS 968 which controls the SATA? I did find
    its in SIS site.

    Thank for you attention

  2. Re: Driver SIS 968 for linux

    marcelo.cepedi@gmail.com staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    > [Does] someone know about [the] driver for [the] SIS 671FX / 968
    > [chipset?] More [specifically,] the south bridge SIS 968 SATA?

    It's mentioned in drivers/ide/sis5513.c in a vanilla 2.6.22.1 source
    tree, which is a good sign. You might want to find someone who actually
    has that hardware and has tried it out with a recent kernel, though.

    > I did find its in SIS site.

    Often, the manufacturer's website is not a good source of information on
    whether a product works with Linux or not.

    --
    PIG: How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae
    my sea anemone enemy.