Need help big time!! - Handheld

This is a discussion on Need help big time!! - Handheld ; I am a new owner of a Dell Axim X30. I had 538 MB installed. I also bought a Bluetooth component that fits in a USB port on my Dell desktop. I received one disk with my handheld. I've tried ...

  1. Need help big time!!

    I am a new owner of a Dell Axim X30. I had 538 MB installed. I also bought a
    Bluetooth component that fits in a USB port on my Dell desktop. I received
    one disk with my handheld. I've tried every way in the instructions to
    install the software on it. I have the handheld sitting in the cradle with
    power and data connected. I get a screen that tells me to center the screen,
    which I do. I try to install the software provided and it installs to my
    home computer and not the hand held connected via USB and power cord to it.
    Just that miserable centers the screen requests. The power light glows
    orange and the blue Dell light is on.

    Could someone help me with the correct way to install the software that
    comes with it? It'll come back to you someday. Bluetooth and a component
    have been installed and seem to be of no help either.

    John

  2. Re: Need help big time!!

    "John Feagin" wrote in message
    > I am a new owner of a Dell Axim X30. I had 538 MB installed. I also bought

    > Bluetooth component that fits in a USB port on my Dell desktop. I received
    > one disk with my handheld. I've tried every way in the instructions to
    > install the software on it. I have the handheld sitting in the cradle with
    > power and data connected. I get a screen that tells me to center the

    screen,
    > which I do. I try to install the software provided and it installs to my
    > home computer and not the hand held connected via USB and power cord to

    it.
    > Just that miserable centers the screen requests. The power light glows
    > orange and the blue Dell light is on.
    >
    > Could someone help me with the correct way to install the software that
    > comes with it? It'll come back to you someday. Bluetooth and a component
    > have been installed and seem to be of no help either.
    >
    > John

    What software are you trying to install? Everything I have installed goes
    on the desktop first and is then transferred to the Axim when you connect it
    via the cradle. You must have the active sync software installed on the PC
    before you try to install any programs.

    Try installing the sofware on your desktop. Do not put the Axim in the
    cradle until you are told to do so.

    The bluetooth function is already installed on the Axim. From the factory it
    is ready to connect. There are some help files on the Axim that tell you
    what to do to set up a connection. It should not be in the cradle while
    using BT. I haven't used that feature yet but the directions sounded fairly
    simple when I read them.

    Colbyt

  3. Re: Need help big time!!

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:50:41 -0400, "John Feagin"
    wrote:

    >I am a new owner of a Dell Axim X30. I had 538 MB installed. I also bought a
    >Bluetooth component that fits in a USB port on my Dell desktop. I received
    >one disk with my handheld. I've tried every way in the instructions to
    >install the software on it. I have the handheld sitting in the cradle with
    >power and data connected. I get a screen that tells me to center the screen,
    >which I do. I try to install the software provided and it installs to my
    >home computer and not the hand held connected via USB and power cord to it.
    >Just that miserable centers the screen requests. The power light glows
    >orange and the blue Dell light is on.
    >
    >Could someone help me with the correct way to install the software that
    >comes with it? It'll come back to you someday. Bluetooth and a component
    >have been installed and seem to be of no help either.

    In addition to having the unit in its cradle, do you have an
    ActiveSync connection active?

    A_C

+ Reply to Thread