garmin gps 76 connected to ipaq h3850, is it possible? - Handheld

This is a discussion on garmin gps 76 connected to ipaq h3850, is it possible? - Handheld ; Hi all, I have an ipaq H3850 and a garmin gps 76 and I would like to connect them by serial cable. My question is: is the serial available on 22 pin ipaq connector fully rs232 compliant? I think gps ...

  1. garmin gps 76 connected to ipaq h3850, is it possible?

    Hi all,

    I have an ipaq H3850 and a garmin gps 76 and I would like to connect
    them by serial cable.

    My question is: is the serial available on 22 pin ipaq connector fully
    rs232 compliant?
    I think gps serial is fully rs232 compliant, that means it gives out
    +-12VDC; I'm afraid ipaq serial is ttl (0 to +5VDC) and it is the
    cradle that make the needed conversion for connecting to the pc rs232.

    Am I wrong? Anyone did try the serial link between ipaq h3850 and
    garmin gps 76?

    Thanks in advance,
    Alessandro.

  2. Re: garmin gps 76 connected to ipaq h3850, is it possible?

    mieledivespa@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an ipaq H3850 and a garmin gps 76 and I would like to connect
    > them by serial cable.
    >
    > My question is: is the serial available on 22 pin ipaq connector fully
    > rs232 compliant?
    > I think gps serial is fully rs232 compliant, that means it gives out
    > +-12VDC; I'm afraid ipaq serial is ttl (0 to +5VDC) and it is the
    > cradle that make the needed conversion for connecting to the pc rs232.
    >
    > Am I wrong? Anyone did try the serial link between ipaq h3850 and
    > garmin gps 76?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Alessandro.

    See http://www.kolumbus.fi/ari.torpstrom/pinouts.htm
    I've an ipaq 2210 with the same connector and it works fine with a Garmin
    GPSII+ in NMEA mode, directly connected TX <-> RX and GND -> GND.
    The 76 should work OK as well.
    I use both Tomtom 3 and Oziexplorer.

    --
    Veel plezier / Have fun
    Bert

    Mail via hccnet.nl

  3. Re: garmin gps 76 connected to ipaq h3850, is it possible?

    opa.piloot wrote:

    > See http://www.kolumbus.fi/ari.torpstrom/pinouts.htm

    thank you very much for this valuable info.
    I made some tests and it seems to work fine.

    Bye,
    Alessandro.

+ Reply to Thread