GAMEBOY MICRO (MICRO GBA) - Handheld

This is a discussion on GAMEBOY MICRO (MICRO GBA) - Handheld ; Nintendo announced Gameboy Micro. holy ****. it's a ultra small GBA. oh and here are more Revolution details Nintendo's Press Conference has begun, and here's the first shots of the Nintendo Revolution (yes, it's official title). It's tiny! Has a ...

  1. GAMEBOY MICRO (MICRO GBA)

    Nintendo announced Gameboy Micro. holy ****. it's a ultra small GBA.

    oh and here are more Revolution details

    Nintendo's Press Conference has begun, and here's the first shots of the
    Nintendo Revolution (yes, it's official title). It's tiny! Has a super-cool
    glowing DVD slot and a sleek shiny finish, and actually resembles a
    Zip-Drive or a Cable Modem somewhat.
    Read on for the official details!

    Each generation of video game consoles builds on the past to set new
    standards for the future. As the company with the strongest heritage of
    innovation, Nintendo redefines expectations for all next-gen systems by
    employing a wide-ranging strategy to attract more kinds of gamers to more
    kinds of games. When Nintendo's new console, code-named Revolution, arrives
    in 2006, everyone will discover the meaning of All-Access Gaming.

    "We will show the world what a next-gen system can be. Revolution marries
    the strongest heritage of innovation to the future of gaming," says Nintendo
    President Satoru Iwata. "With backward compatibility and the 'virtual
    console' concept, the stylish, compact body provides maximum gaming power.
    It will not only take home entertainment into another dimension by expanding
    the definition of video games, but it also will give you access to the great
    history of gaming."

    Some of the system features that wowed the crowd at the Electronics
    Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles include:

    a.. The cool look: The new console boasts high-quality materials and a
    smart, compact design, approximately the size of three standard DVD cases
    stacked together. A variety of prototype colors are being showcased during
    E3. It will come with a silver stand that makes the system a welcome,
    artistic component of any multimedia setup, whether it's displayed
    vertically or horizontally.

    b.. Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the
    current Nintendo GameCube(TM) generation. But there's more ...

    c.. The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to
    20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo(R) 64, the
    Super Nintendo Entertainment System(R) (SNES) and even the Nintendo
    Entertainment System(R) (NES).

    d.. Easy expansion: A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand
    the internal flash memory.

    e.. Two disc formats, one slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative,
    self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for
    the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. Owners will have the
    option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and
    other DVD content.

    f.. The specs: The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory,
    wireless controllers, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. A
    worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a
    comfortable, inviting environment. Revolution's technological heart, a
    processing chip developed with IBM and code-named "Broadway," and a graphics
    chip set from ATI code-named "Hollywood," will deliver game experiences not
    previously possible.

    g.. The stars: Introduction of a number of new franchise properties will
    add to the world's richest stable of stars, including Mario, Zelda, Super
    Smash Bros., Donkey Kong and Metroid.

    h.. Wireless freedom: A number of Wi-Fi-enabled launch titles are in
    development that will employ Nintendo's newly announced wireless gaming
    service, Nintendo(R) Wi-Fi Connection. A worldwide network of Nintendo
    players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment.

    i.. Freedom of design: A dynamic development architecture equally
    accommodates both big-budget, high-profile game "masterpieces" as well as
    indie games conceived by individual developers equipped with only a big
    idea.
    "Our next console proves small in size but big on ideas," says Reggie
    Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales &
    marketing. "We're throwing open the doors of gaming to wider audiences, from
    casual players to hard-core gamers who live for the thrill of defeating an
    endless army of wireless opponents."

    Nintendo's All-Access Gaming philosophy covers the spectrum. The next
    console fits anywhere. It brings together new games and old. It gives people
    worldwide access through wireless Wi-Fi connections. And it opens the world
    of video games -- to everyone. Software for the new console will even
    attract people who don't consider themselves players. Adults, kids, men and
    women around the world will have access to the most popular video game
    characters, the best game franchises and the most engaging experiences yet
    developed -- only with Nintendo.

    Check back for updates as more information is released.

  2. Re: GAMEBOY MICRO (MICRO GBA)

    That was so long....I didn't even read it.

  3. Re: GAMEBOY MICRO (MICRO GBA)

    PSX3 wrote:
    > Nintendo announced Gameboy Micro. holy ****. it's a ultra small
    > GBA.

    Yes. Found a pic if anyone is struggling to find one:

    http://www.pro-g.co.uk/images/pub/misc/micro2_lrg.jpg

    D.

  4. Re: GAMEBOY MICRO (MICRO GBA)

    In uk.games.video.gameboy Paul Dunn wrote:
    > PSX3 wrote:
    >> Nintendo announced Gameboy Micro. holy ****. it's a ultra small
    >> GBA.

    > Yes. Found a pic if anyone is struggling to find one:
    >
    > http://www.pro-g.co.uk/images/pub/misc/micro2_lrg.jpg

    It's fecking huge!

    Choobs
    --
    Sir Chewbury Gubbins
    Knight of the Wholly Gnarly Widget

  5. Re: GAMEBOY MICRO (MICRO GBA)

    "Paul Dunn" writes:

    > http://www.pro-g.co.uk/images/pub/misc/micro2_lrg.jpg

    Do not hold Gameboy Micro near nose or mouth.
    Do not inhale sharply while using Gameboy Micro.
    If you should accidentally inhale Gameboy Micro call an emergency
    medical service immediately. Do not contact Nintendo Customer
    Support unless Gameboy Micro ceases to function as a result of
    ingeston.

    Nick

    --
    # sigmask (lambda deprecation version) 20041028 || feed this to a python
    print ''.join([chr(ord(x)-1) for x in 'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=ojdlAwbshjti/psh?'])

  6. Re: GAMEBOY MICRO (MICRO GBA)

    Sir Chewbury Gubbins wrote:
    > In uk.games.video.gameboy Paul Dunn wrote:
    >> PSX3 wrote:
    >>> Nintendo announced Gameboy Micro. holy ****. it's a ultra small
    >>> GBA.

    >> Yes. Found a pic if anyone is struggling to find one:
    >>
    >> http://www.pro-g.co.uk/images/pub/misc/micro2_lrg.jpg

    > It's fecking huge!

    lol

    IMO, they should just put a less reflective screen on the GBA SP, or a
    better backlight. That'd do me nicely - it's perfect as it is. Oh, And a
    headphone socket.

    D.

  7. Re: GAMEBOY MICRO (MICRO GBA)

    Paul Dunn wrote:

    > IMO, they should just put a less reflective screen on the GBA SP, or a
    > better backlight. That'd do me nicely - it's perfect as it is. Oh, And a
    > headphone socket.

    The Micro has all them things

    deKay
    --
    + Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    |- Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/

  8. Re: GAMEBOY MICRO (MICRO GBA)

    deKay wrote:
    > Paul Dunn wrote:
    >
    >> IMO, they should just put a less reflective screen on the GBA SP, or
    >> a better backlight. That'd do me nicely - it's perfect as it is. Oh,
    >> And a headphone socket.

    > The Micro has all them things

    But doesn't have the form factor, and has a smaller screen?

    Nah, doesn't do owt for me

    D.

+ Reply to Thread