connecting pda as a drive - Handheld

This is a discussion on connecting pda as a drive - Handheld ; hi, my sd drive on my ipaq 1715 pocket pc pda recently got corrupted so I'm trying to recover it using "iolo search and recover 2". In order for Search and Recover 2 to be able to search a connected ...

  1. connecting pda as a drive

    hi,

    my sd drive on my ipaq 1715 pocket pc pda recently got corrupted so I'm
    trying to recover it using "iolo search and recover 2".
    In order for Search and Recover 2 to be able to search a connected
    device for recoverable data, the device must be connected and
    configured to appear as a "drive" in Windows.

    Unfortunately I can't do this as on win xp the pda comes up as "Mobile
    Device" when I connect it using the usb and activesync.

    Does anyone know how I can map the pda device so it's assigned a drive
    letter (like other peripherals such as the dvd, cd, etc.) ?

    many thanks
    Mike

  2. Re: connecting pda as a drive

    mmannion55@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

    > hi,
    >
    > my sd drive on my ipaq 1715 pocket pc pda recently got corrupted so I'm
    > trying to recover it using "iolo search and recover 2".
    > In order for Search and Recover 2 to be able to search a connected
    > device for recoverable data, the device must be connected and
    > configured to appear as a "drive" in Windows.
    >
    > Unfortunately I can't do this as on win xp the pda comes up as "Mobile
    > Device" when I connect it using the usb and activesync.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can map the pda device so it's assigned a drive
    > letter (like other peripherals such as the dvd, cd, etc.) ?
    >
    > many thanks
    > Mike

    Not possible. Use a separate SD card reader/writer that is widely and
    cheaply available.

    --
    Veel plezier / Have fun
    Bert

    Mail via hccnet.nl

  3. Re: connecting pda as a drive

    mmannion55@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

    > hi,
    >
    > my sd drive on my ipaq 1715 pocket pc pda recently got corrupted so I'm
    > trying to recover it using "iolo search and recover 2".
    > In order for Search and Recover 2 to be able to search a connected
    > device for recoverable data, the device must be connected and
    > configured to appear as a "drive" in Windows.
    >
    > Unfortunately I can't do this as on win xp the pda comes up as "Mobile
    > Device" when I connect it using the usb and activesync.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can map the pda device so it's assigned a drive
    > letter (like other peripherals such as the dvd, cd, etc.) ?
    >
    > many thanks
    > Mike

    Perhaps with an extra tools. Only Linux PDA like Sharp Zaurus have this kind
    of feature out of the box. No need for extra drivers in Windows nor Linux
    nor MacOS.

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)

  4. Re: connecting pda as a drive

    got around the problem by simply plugging my sd into my digital camera.
    duh!

    thanks for replies

+ Reply to Thread