good free OGG and MP3 Player ? - Handheld

This is a discussion on good free OGG and MP3 Player ? - Handheld ; Does anyone know a good MP3 (and hopefully OGG) player that will work in PC2003 ? (Axim X5) A promising looking one was WinamPAQ ( http://www.winampaq.com/new/index.html ) ... except I can't seem to get the download file to install. I ...

  1. good free OGG and MP3 Player ?

    Does anyone know a good MP3 (and hopefully OGG) player that will work in
    PC2003 ? (Axim X5)

    A promising looking one was WinamPAQ
    (http://www.winampaq.com/new/index.html) ... except I can't seem to get the
    download file to install. I suspect they've made the wrong file available
    for downloading.

    Any others come to mind?

    Thanks for any pointers !

    -RS-

  2. Re: good free OGG and MP3 Player ?

    Thu, 12 May 2005 13:24:24 GMT, RS:

    > Does anyone know a good MP3 (and hopefully OGG) player that will work in
    > PC2003 ? (Axim X5)
    >
    > A promising looking one was WinamPAQ
    > (http://www.winampaq.com/new/index.html) ... except I can't seem to get the
    > download file to install. I suspect they've made the wrong file available
    > for downloading.
    >
    > Any others come to mind?
    >
    > Thanks for any pointers !
    >
    > -RS-

    Google for Pocket MVP or Betaplayer.
    Cheers
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

  3. Re: good free OGG and MP3 Player ?

    Neither of those mentioned OGG ... unless I overlooked some plug in.

    Has anyone know of any others ... or looked at the WinamPAQ site ?

    BTW, how does one install .CAB files onto a Pocket PC ? Those are the type
    of files that WinamPAQ seems to be making available as "install" files.

    Thanks for any further insights,

    -RS-

    "Frank Steinmetzger" <"Warp_7@"@gmx.de> wrote in message
    news83xef2898qq.1fceuye8zwhr4$.dlg@40tude.net...
    > Thu, 12 May 2005 13:24:24 GMT, RS:
    >
    > > Does anyone know a good MP3 (and hopefully OGG) player that will work in
    > > PC2003 ? (Axim X5)
    > >
    > > A promising looking one was WinamPAQ
    > > (http://www.winampaq.com/new/index.html) ... except I can't seem to get

    the
    > > download file to install. I suspect they've made the wrong file

    available
    > > for downloading.
    > >
    > > Any others come to mind?
    > >
    > > Thanks for any pointers !
    > >
    > > -RS-

    > Google for Pocket MVP or Betaplayer.
    > Cheers
    > --
    > Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    > "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
    > http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

  4. Re: good free OGG and MP3 Player ?

    Fri, 13 May 2005 16:03:49 GMT, RS:

    > Neither of those mentioned OGG ... unless I overlooked some plug in.

    The Betaplayer dir contains a file called vorbis.plg. Apart from the
    exe, nearly all of the files there are plg (supposedly plugins). Hence
    I think it supports it.
    MPC features files called ogglib.dll and oggreader.dll. So it should
    support OGG, too.

    > BTW, how does one install .CAB files onto a Pocket PC ? Those are the type
    > of files that WinamPAQ seems to be making available as "install" files.

    You just copy them to the device and execute them there. In fact,
    that's the only thing AS does when it "installs" a programm on a ppc.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
    http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

  5. Re: good free OGG and MP3 Player ?

    "RS" writed in

    > Does anyone know a good MP3 (and hopefully OGG) player that will work
    > in PC2003 ? (Axim X5)

    Mortplayer

+ Reply to Thread