Dell Axim x30 vs Palm Tungsten E2 - Handheld

This is a discussion on Dell Axim x30 vs Palm Tungsten E2 - Handheld ; In the market for a new handheld. Not sure which way to go. Any suggestions. Dell Axim x30 with built in wireless is now $265. Palm e2 $249 but no wireless card bundled. Thats another $99. TIA...

  1. Dell Axim x30 vs Palm Tungsten E2

    In the market for a new handheld. Not sure which way to go. Any suggestions.
    Dell Axim x30 with built in wireless is now $265. Palm e2 $249 but no
    wireless card bundled. Thats another $99.

    TIA

  2. Re: Dell Axim x30 vs Palm Tungsten E2

    PHroGman wrote:
    > In the market for a new handheld. Not sure which way to go. Any
    > suggestions. Dell Axim x30 with built in wireless is now $265. Palm
    > e2 $249 but no wireless card bundled. Thats another $99.
    >
    > TIA

    The SD wireless card is being advertised but apparently will actually
    have a driver/firmware update available Real Soon Now.
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/forum/...444d92559a130d

    Go with the Axim. It does not have the look and feel of the Palm OS,
    but it will work wirelessly right out of the box (do follow the initial
    battery charge requirement). The Palm will lose its SD slot for the
    wireless while the Axim wireless is built in with the SD slot remaining
    available.

  3. Re: Dell Axim x30 vs Palm Tungsten E2

    I've got an Asus MyPal a716 with extra battery for sale. $200 US plus
    shipping/ins. WiFi and Bluetooth, tough, light, nice screen. Used 4 months
    with screen protector. All manuals, cables and original packaging.

    Skyler

    "PHroGman" wrote in message
    > In the market for a new handheld. Not sure which way to go. Any

    suggestions.
    > Dell Axim x30 with built in wireless is now $265. Palm e2 $249 but no
    > wireless card bundled. Thats another $99.
    >
    > TIA

  4. Re: Dell Axim x30 vs Palm Tungsten E2

    PHroGman wrote:
    > In the market for a new handheld. Not sure which way to go. Any

    suggestions.
    > Dell Axim x30 with built in wireless is now $265. Palm e2 $249 but no
    > wireless card bundled. Thats another $99.
    >
    > TIA

+ Reply to Thread