Axim X50, anybody ? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Axim X50, anybody ? - Handheld ; The screen on my iPaq 2215 just broke, without any reason I can think of. There's a long crack going across the screen, under the glass. That's right, UNDER the glass - the LCD is broken but not the touchpad. ...

  1. Axim X50, anybody ?

    The screen on my iPaq 2215 just broke, without any reason I can think
    of. There's a long crack going across the screen, under the glass.
    That's right, UNDER the glass - the LCD is broken but not the touchpad.
    I did a Google and found this to be a rather common problem. The damn
    thing was just a year old !

    So, given that iPaqs continue to have screen problems (first 36xx and
    now 2215), I am now looking at Axim X50 (the low-end model without
    WiFi). It's about $250 at Dell, with free shipping till Wednesday. The
    screen repair for iPaq would cost me $200. My concern is the battery
    life and speed performance of Dell, since I heard neither is too great.
    I mainly use mine for PIM, notetaking, and occasional MO3 playback. Any
    comments will be appreciated.

  2. Re: Axim X50, anybody ?

    I have the Axim 50v the battery is good. I bought the high capacity battery
    for about 40.00 I can use it all day with out charging. The speed is great.

    -Ron
    "Amamba" wrote in message
    news:1114454972.153544.129920@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > The screen on my iPaq 2215 just broke, without any reason I can think
    > of. There's a long crack going across the screen, under the glass.
    > That's right, UNDER the glass - the LCD is broken but not the touchpad.
    > I did a Google and found this to be a rather common problem. The damn
    > thing was just a year old !
    >
    > So, given that iPaqs continue to have screen problems (first 36xx and
    > now 2215), I am now looking at Axim X50 (the low-end model without
    > WiFi). It's about $250 at Dell, with free shipping till Wednesday. The
    > screen repair for iPaq would cost me $200. My concern is the battery
    > life and speed performance of Dell, since I heard neither is too great.
    > I mainly use mine for PIM, notetaking, and occasional MO3 playback. Any
    > comments will be appreciated.

  3. Re: Axim X50, anybody ?

    Gallon Family wrote:
    > I have the Axim 50v the battery is good. I bought the high capacity

    battery
    > for about 40.00 I can use it all day with out charging. The speed is

    great.

    > -Ron
    > "Amamba" wrote in message
    > news:1114454972.153544.129920@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > > The screen on my iPaq 2215 just broke, without any reason I can

    think
    > > of. There's a long crack going across the screen, under the glass.
    > > That's right, UNDER the glass - the LCD is broken but not the

    touchpad.
    > > I did a Google and found this to be a rather common problem. The

    damn
    > > thing was just a year old !
    > >
    > > So, given that iPaqs continue to have screen problems (first 36xx

    and
    > > now 2215), I am now looking at Axim X50 (the low-end model without
    > > WiFi). It's about $250 at Dell, with free shipping till Wednesday.

    The
    > > screen repair for iPaq would cost me $200. My concern is the

    battery
    > > life and speed performance of Dell, since I heard neither is too

    great.
    > > I mainly use mine for PIM, notetaking, and occasional MO3 playback.

    Any
    > > comments will be appreciated.

    How is the standard battery performance ?
    One good thing about 2215, it would last a whole day without getting
    below 33%. Sometimes I went through two days of work between recharges.

    Also, you have a 50v model - does it use more battery than low-range
    model ?

  4. Re: Axim X50, anybody ?

    Amamba wrote:
    > Gallon Family wrote:
    >
    >>I have the Axim 50v the battery is good. I bought the high capacity

    > battery
    >
    >>for about 40.00 I can use it all day with out charging. The speed is

    > great.
    >
    >>-Ron
    >>"Amamba" wrote in message
    >>news:1114454972.153544.129920@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    >>
    >>>The screen on my iPaq 2215 just broke, without any reason I can

    > think
    >
    >>>of. There's a long crack going across the screen, under the glass.
    >>>That's right, UNDER the glass - the LCD is broken but not the

    > touchpad.
    >
    >>>I did a Google and found this to be a rather common problem. The

    > damn
    >
    >>>thing was just a year old !
    >>>
    >>>So, given that iPaqs continue to have screen problems (first 36xx

    > and
    >
    >>>now 2215), I am now looking at Axim X50 (the low-end model without
    >>>WiFi). It's about $250 at Dell, with free shipping till Wednesday.

    > The
    >
    >>>screen repair for iPaq would cost me $200. My concern is the

    > battery
    >
    >>>life and speed performance of Dell, since I heard neither is too

    > great.
    >
    >>>I mainly use mine for PIM, notetaking, and occasional MO3 playback.

    > Any
    >
    >>>comments will be appreciated.
    >>>

    > How is the standard battery performance ?
    > One good thing about 2215, it would last a whole day without getting
    > below 33%. Sometimes I went through two days of work between recharges.
    >
    > Also, you have a 50v model - does it use more battery than low-range
    > model ?

    Hi,

    I have a 50v model and it does use more battery because of wifi
    functionality. When wifi is turned off and two days of work is enough
    for you, then the standard battery should be OK for you.

    Bye,
    Gerrit

+ Reply to Thread