Looking for a new PDA - Handheld

This is a discussion on Looking for a new PDA - Handheld ; My Handspring Visor gave out a while ago, and now my laptop no longer holds a charge, so I'm looking for a new eletronic gizmo. Requirements - full size folding keyboard, good display (for outdoor use), fairly tough (taking it ...

  1. Looking for a new PDA

    My Handspring Visor gave out a while ago, and now my laptop no longer holds
    a charge, so I'm looking for a new eletronic gizmo. Requirements - full
    size folding keyboard, good display (for outdoor use), fairly tough (taking
    it riding, don't expect to fall over, but anything can happen). Wifi would
    be nice, but not necessary. Looking under 400 US or 500 Can if possible.
    Primary usage will be basic word processing, but I may be using it for
    marking and lesson planning (entering teacher's college in sept.). Would
    like to be able to use it for slide shows as well sometime down the road
    (depending on what the school I end up at has in the way of equipment).
    Doesn't matter what kind of media cards as I'll I've got now is smartmedia
    and I know no one uses it anymore.

    Thanks in advance

    George

  2. Re: Looking for a new PDA

    I've got an Asus MyPal a716 with extra battery for sale. $200 US plus
    shipping/ins. You can buy a couple of keyboards for it (I use the Stowaway
    IR keyboard). WiFi and Bluetooth, tough, light, nice screen. Used 4 months
    with screen protector. All manuals, cables and original packaging.

    Skyler

    "George Christie" wrote in message
    > My Handspring Visor gave out a while ago, and now my laptop no longer

    holds
    > a charge, so I'm looking for a new eletronic gizmo. Requirements - full
    > size folding keyboard, good display (for outdoor use), fairly tough

    (taking
    > it riding, don't expect to fall over, but anything can happen). Wifi

    would
    > be nice, but not necessary. Looking under 400 US or 500 Can if possible.
    > Primary usage will be basic word processing, but I may be using it for
    > marking and lesson planning (entering teacher's college in sept.). Would
    > like to be able to use it for slide shows as well sometime down the road
    > (depending on what the school I end up at has in the way of equipment).
    > Doesn't matter what kind of media cards as I'll I've got now is smartmedia
    > and I know no one uses it anymore.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > George

+ Reply to Thread