Data Acquisition and Handhelds - Handheld

This is a discussion on Data Acquisition and Handhelds - Handheld ; I am looking for both commercial and homebuilt data acquisition options for handhelds. I considered I would choose the data acquisition hardware first before chasing which handheld to use. Does anyone have suggestions or links to what is available? I ...

  1. Data Acquisition and Handhelds

    I am looking for both commercial and homebuilt data acquisition options
    for handhelds.

    I considered I would choose the data acquisition hardware first before
    chasing which handheld to use.

    Does anyone have suggestions or links to what is available?

    I realize that data acquisition requirements can strongly influence
    hardware needs but for now I am interested in knowing what is
    available.

    Thanks for any leads you can offer.

    TMT

  2. Re: Data Acquisition and Handhelds

    On 23 Apr 2005 08:08:55 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
    wrote:

    >I am looking for both commercial and homebuilt data acquisition options
    >for handhelds.
    >
    >I considered I would choose the data acquisition hardware first before
    >chasing which handheld to use.
    >
    >Does anyone have suggestions or links to what is available?
    >
    >I realize that data acquisition requirements can strongly influence
    >hardware needs but for now I am interested in knowing what is
    >available.
    >
    >Thanks for any leads you can offer.

    We make programs that let folks collect data and store the results in
    back-end databases. We focus on inspections (truck paint lines,
    generator factories, ...), but our programs will collect just about
    any data. We can ask questions. We can collect data directly from
    instruments. And we work with just about any computer running any
    version of Windows (including Pocket PCs). So I hope you will check
    our web site (see my signature).

    If you want leads on hardware, I suggest checking my 19 Apr 2005
    contribution to a thread called "Looking for special material" in
    microsoft.public.pocketpc

    >TMT

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.