Clie T615C battery help. - Handheld

This is a discussion on Clie T615C battery help. - Handheld ; Hello ALL: My wife's Clie T615C had a bad battery, and Sony sold us a new one. I installed it last night but can not get the ribbon cable back in. It is very loose. When the cable comes out, ...

  1. Clie T615C battery help.

    Hello ALL:

    My wife's Clie T615C had a bad battery, and Sony sold us a new one. I
    installed it last night but can not get the ribbon cable back in. It is
    very loose. When the cable comes out, is there supposed to be a
    connector attached? Ours just came out of the connector on the
    motherboard and we just have the flatcable left to push back in...no
    connector on the end of the flat cable. It is so loose that the charger
    will not work and the buttons will not either. The Clie works, but as
    soon as this new battery runs down, that is it!

    What did I do wrong and can it be fixed by me?

    TIA

  2. Re: Clie T615C battery help.

    "MPSAN" wrote in message
    news:1113849725.311243.287590@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello ALL:
    >
    > My wife's Clie T615C had a bad battery, and Sony sold us a new one. I
    > installed it last night but can not get the ribbon cable back in. It is
    > very loose. When the cable comes out, is there supposed to be a
    > connector attached? Ours just came out of the connector on the
    > motherboard and we just have the flatcable left to push back in...no
    > connector on the end of the flat cable. It is so loose that the charger
    > will not work and the buttons will not either. The Clie works, but as
    > soon as this new battery runs down, that is it!
    >
    > What did I do wrong and can it be fixed by me?
    >
    > TIA

    I do not know about the Clie T615c, but if it is just a normal ribbon cable
    connector then those types of connectors on the motherboard usually have a
    top bit that can pull up and push down. When the outside of the connector is
    pulled up this allows ribbon cables to be inserted and removed. When the
    outside is pushed down (towards the board) this locks the ribbon cable in
    place. As I said I do not know about the Clie T615c but it may be worth a
    try.

  3. Re: Clie T615C battery help.

    Yes, we found that out. Thank you for the reply. I went back and fixed
    it. Works fine now. I just did not want to break it, but knew it was
    too loose. I pushed harder and it locked!

+ Reply to Thread