rpn with a random number generator in hex - Handheld

This is a discussion on rpn with a random number generator in hex - Handheld ; Is there an rpn calculator that has a random number generator function? I'd like the output displayed in hex. Thanks...

  1. rpn with a random number generator in hex

    Is there an rpn calculator that
    has a random number generator function?
    I'd like the output displayed in hex.
    Thanks

  2. Re: rpn with a random number generator in hex

    Some RPN calculators have random number generators however, these are
    output as 0<=X<1.
    Lets try on a hp-33S which is the only widely available RPN calculator
    at the moment.
    The following program will give a number randomly selected between 0
    and F:
    LBL A
    DEC (you get this one through BASE)
    RANDOM (labelled RAND on the keyboard)
    16
    *
    HEX (through the BASE menu)
    RTN

    This program leaves the calc in HEX mode

    This should work on a 32s(II) and without much change on many other old
    hp calculators (I haven't tested on all though)

    Good luck

    Arnaud

  3. Re: rpn with a random number generator in hex

    I forgot the link:
    http://www.hp.com/calculators/scientific/33s/

    The 49g+ is certainly the most versatile calculator available at the
    moment but it may ba a bit overkill...

    http://www.hp.com/calculators/graphing/49gplus/

    Any other ones are collectables and may cost you a fortune on ebay

    Arnaud

+ Reply to Thread