Upgrading iPAQ H3800 to OS ver 4.2 - Handheld

This is a discussion on Upgrading iPAQ H3800 to OS ver 4.2 - Handheld ; I have a Compaq iPAQ H3800 PDA. It runs Microsoft PocketPC ver 3.0.11171, processor : ARM SA 1110. Is it possible to update it to "Windows Mobile Ver 4.2" or would I have to buy a new PDA? If possible, ...

  1. Upgrading iPAQ H3800 to OS ver 4.2

    I have a Compaq iPAQ H3800 PDA. It runs Microsoft PocketPC ver
    3.0.11171,
    processor : ARM SA 1110.

    Is it possible to update it to "Windows Mobile Ver 4.2" or would I have
    to buy a new PDA? If possible, how do I do it? Via a CD on the desktop
    plus ActiveSync? Or via some other route?

    Please advise. If the topic has been discussed before, please point me
    to the relevant URL. Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Upgrading iPAQ H3800 to OS ver 4.2

    Check with the OEM to see if they have an upgrade to PPC 2003 or 2003SE.
    That would be the only update you could do, and the OEM would be the only
    place you could get it.

    --
    Chris Tacke
    Co-founder

    wrote in message
    news:1113594265.745055.33640@f14g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...

    > I have a Compaq iPAQ H3800 PDA. It runs Microsoft PocketPC ver
    > 3.0.11171,
    > processor : ARM SA 1110.
    >
    > Is it possible to update it to "Windows Mobile Ver 4.2" or would I have
    > to buy a new PDA? If possible, how do I do it? Via a CD on the desktop
    > plus ActiveSync? Or via some other route?
    >
    > Please advise. If the topic has been discussed before, please point me
    > to the relevant URL. Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread