Best bang for buck - Handheld

This is a discussion on Best bang for buck - Handheld ; So, I haven't looked at these things in years and am way overwhelmed by the handheld market. Basically looking for the best bang for the buck for around $400 (less is better, could go more if it's worth it). I ...

  1. Best bang for buck

    So, I haven't looked at these things in years and am way overwhelmed by
    the handheld market. Basically looking for the best bang for the buck
    for around $400 (less is better, could go more if it's worth it).

    I decided against waiting for the samsung i730. It looks like the
    perfect phone/pda, but I don't want to spend that much and based on
    what my phone goes through, I'd likely destroy it quickly.

    Right now I'm leaning towards the iPAQ h4350. I haven't yet had a
    device with thumb pad. the graffiti seems much better than it was in
    the palm III days to say the least (my last pda), so maybe this isn't
    necessary? For those of you who browse the web via handheld, is
    graffiti ok, or would a thumbpad be better? Is it all personal
    preference?

    Here's what I'd like out of it:

    Wifi
    bluetooth
    decent screen (doesn't have to be top of line)
    decent battery life
    ability to run standard apps
    office
    ebooks
    various other odds and ends
    SD drive preferable

    Since I've been away from the products for so long, there may be other
    stuff i want to do with it and i just don't know it exists. all that
    to say, I don't want to be limited, but don't want to pay for the
    newest and greatest. I'll be going back to school this fall, so don't
    have a huge business need.

    Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated. Ipaq/dell/? which model to
    consider, best bang for the buck etc.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Best bang for buck

    I've got an Asus MyPal a716 with extra battery for sale. $200 US plus
    shipping/ins. WiFi and Bluetooth, tough, light, nice screen, SD, etc. Used
    4 months with screen protector. All manuals, cables and original packaging.

    Skyler

    "Mindblaze" wrote in message
    news:1113423818.073359.206730@l41g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > So, I haven't looked at these things in years and am way overwhelmed by
    > the handheld market. Basically looking for the best bang for the buck
    > for around $400 (less is better, could go more if it's worth it).
    >
    > I decided against waiting for the samsung i730. It looks like the
    > perfect phone/pda, but I don't want to spend that much and based on
    > what my phone goes through, I'd likely destroy it quickly.
    >
    > Right now I'm leaning towards the iPAQ h4350. I haven't yet had a
    > device with thumb pad. the graffiti seems much better than it was in
    > the palm III days to say the least (my last pda), so maybe this isn't
    > necessary? For those of you who browse the web via handheld, is
    > graffiti ok, or would a thumbpad be better? Is it all personal
    > preference?
    >
    > Here's what I'd like out of it:
    >
    > Wifi
    > bluetooth
    > decent screen (doesn't have to be top of line)
    > decent battery life
    > ability to run standard apps
    > office
    > ebooks
    > various other odds and ends
    > SD drive preferable
    >
    > Since I've been away from the products for so long, there may be other
    > stuff i want to do with it and i just don't know it exists. all that
    > to say, I don't want to be limited, but don't want to pay for the
    > newest and greatest. I'll be going back to school this fall, so don't
    > have a huge business need.
    >
    > Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated. Ipaq/dell/? which model to
    > consider, best bang for the buck etc.
    >
    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread