Problems with Blackberry and wireless PIM Sync - Handheld

This is a discussion on Problems with Blackberry and wireless PIM Sync - Handheld ; I'm not sure where to really post this. I have a BES4.0 server and Lotus Domino. There are 21 users currently on the BES and I only seem to have a problem with one user. Everyone is has 4.0 as ...

  1. Problems with Blackberry and wireless PIM Sync

    I'm not sure where to really post this.

    I have a BES4.0 server and Lotus Domino. There are 21 users currently
    on the BES and I only seem to have a problem with one user. Everyone
    is has 4.0 as their BB OS and all have been setup to wirelessly synch
    their address book. Everything works fine as no one has complained as
    yet, except one. I have a blackberry as well and this problem is not
    happening to me.

    Here it is - if he enters a new contact on his BB, it will not synch
    with his personal address book, and vice versa. He has a replica of
    his PAB on his mail server. He says when it tries to sync he gets an
    error "this is working off line and will not update". I'm not sure if
    that's the exact phrase or not.

    I've gone to the properties of this user, on the server, and edited the
    PIM Sync settings to reflect the correct server (using the canonical
    name) and the appropriate path to his address book relative to the data
    folder.

    I've even gone so far as to delete the replica on the server and
    recreate it.

    This works fine for everyone else, and I've just tested it again with
    my device and it worked fine.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Pam Assivero
    Lotus Notes Administrator
    Cantar/Polyair Inc.

  2. Re: Problems with Blackberry and wireless PIM Sync

    passivero@gmail.com wrote in message news:<1112823075.798186.130530@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>...
    > I'm not sure where to really post this.
    >
    > I have a BES4.0 server and Lotus Domino. There are 21 users currently
    > on the BES and I only seem to have a problem with one user. Everyone
    > is has 4.0 as their BB OS and all have been setup to wirelessly synch
    > their address book. Everything works fine as no one has complained as
    > yet, except one. I have a blackberry as well and this problem is not
    > happening to me.
    >
    > Here it is - if he enters a new contact on his BB, it will not synch
    > with his personal address book, and vice versa. He has a replica of
    > his PAB on his mail server. He says when it tries to sync he gets an
    > error "this is working off line and will not update". I'm not sure if
    > that's the exact phrase or not.
    >
    > I've gone to the properties of this user, on the server, and edited the
    > PIM Sync settings to reflect the correct server (using the canonical
    > name) and the appropriate path to his address book relative to the data
    > folder.
    >
    > I've even gone so far as to delete the replica on the server and
    > recreate it.
    >
    > This works fine for everyone else, and I've just tested it again with
    > my device and it worked fine.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Pam Assivero
    > Lotus Notes Administrator
    > Cantar/Polyair Inc.

    I think I've resolved this.

    If anyone has a similar issue, try resending the service book to the
    user. Once they've received it have them do a soft reset (remove the
    battery and put it back in). Once this was done, the BB updated the
    address book.

  3. Re: Problems with Blackberry and wireless PIM Sync

    Pam wrote:
    > passivero@gmail.com wrote in message

    news:<1112823075.798186.130530@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>...
    > > I'm not sure where to really post this.
    > >
    > > I have a BES4.0 server and Lotus Domino. There are 21 users

    currently
    > > on the BES and I only seem to have a problem with one user.

    Everyone
    > > is has 4.0 as their BB OS and all have been setup to wirelessly

    synch
    > > their address book. Everything works fine as no one has complained

    as
    > > yet, except one. I have a blackberry as well and this problem is

    not
    > > happening to me.
    > >
    > > Here it is - if he enters a new contact on his BB, it will not

    synch
    > > with his personal address book, and vice versa. He has a replica

    of
    > > his PAB on his mail server. He says when it tries to sync he gets

    an
    > > error "this is working off line and will not update". I'm not sure

    if
    > > that's the exact phrase or not.
    > >
    > > I've gone to the properties of this user, on the server, and edited

    the
    > > PIM Sync settings to reflect the correct server (using the

    canonical
    > > name) and the appropriate path to his address book relative to the

    data
    > > folder.
    > >
    > > I've even gone so far as to delete the replica on the server and
    > > recreate it.
    > >
    > > This works fine for everyone else, and I've just tested it again

    with
    > > my device and it worked fine.
    > >
    > > Anyone have any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Pam Assivero
    > > Lotus Notes Administrator
    > > Cantar/Polyair Inc.

    > I think I've resolved this.
    >
    > If anyone has a similar issue, try resending the service book to the
    > user. Once they've received it have them do a soft reset (remove the
    > battery and put it back in). Once this was done, the BB updated the
    > address book.

    I have the same problem but what are you talking about resending the
    service book? What is the service book?

    Thank you,
    Gary Murray

  4. Re: Problems with Blackberry and wireless PIM Sync

    I have the same problem but what is the service book? Do you mean the
    address book?

    Thanks,
    Gary

+ Reply to Thread