ipaq help - Handheld

This is a discussion on ipaq help - Handheld ; Hi everyone. I was recently given a Compaq Ipaq H3600 by someone who no longer needed it. When I set it up with Activesync I cannot sync my calender or notes, the program says they are not installed on my ...

  1. ipaq help

    Hi everyone. I was recently given a Compaq Ipaq H3600 by someone who no
    longer needed it. When I set it up with Activesync I cannot sync my
    calender or notes, the program says they are not installed on my pc. Is
    this normal? Should I have a disk with the programs? I would appreciate
    any help you can give me. Please ask if you need more info. Thanks in
    advance.

  2. Re: ipaq help

    4 Apr 2005 08:13:26 -0700, CS:

    > Hi everyone. I was recently given a Compaq Ipaq H3600 by someone who no
    > longer needed it. When I set it up with Activesync I cannot sync my
    > calender or notes, the program says they are not installed on my pc. Is
    > this normal? Should I have a disk with the programs? I would appreciate
    > any help you can give me. Please ask if you need more info. Thanks in
    > advance.

    You don't have M$ Outlook installed. AFAIK, this is the only program
    AS can sync with. Usually PPCs come with a disc that contains a
    version of Outlook. Maybe what you are looking for are backups, not
    sync.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

  3. Re: ipaq help

    Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
    > 4 Apr 2005 08:13:26 -0700, CS:
    > You don't have M$ Outlook installed. AFAIK, this is the only program
    > AS can sync with. Usually PPCs come with a disc that contains a
    > version of Outlook. Maybe what you are looking for are backups, not
    > sync.
    > --
    > Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    > "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
    > http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

    Forgive my ignorance here but are you talking about outlook express? I
    do have that installed on my pc. I'm not sure if I'm looking for
    backups or sync (I'm very new to PPCs, obviously). All I know is when I
    try to sync it I get a menu thats says the items are not installed .
    Thanks for the reply.

  4. Re: ipaq help

    11 Apr 2005 11:54:02 -0700, CS:

    > Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
    >> 4 Apr 2005 08:13:26 -0700, CS:
    >> You don't have M$ Outlook installed. AFAIK, this is the only program
    >> AS can sync with. Usually PPCs come with a disc that contains a
    >> version of Outlook. Maybe what you are looking for are backups, not
    >> sync.

    > Forgive my ignorance here but are you talking about outlook express? I
    > do have that installed on my pc. I'm not sure if I'm looking for
    > backups or sync (I'm very new to PPCs, obviously). All I know is when I
    > try to sync it I get a menu thats says the items are not installed .
    > Thanks for the reply.

    My iPaq (1930 though) came shipped with Outlook. OExpress is installed
    on Windows by default, but this can't handle appointments and such.
    Hence I believe it is not recognised by AS.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
    http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

  5. Re: ipaq help

    On 11 Apr 2005 11:54:02 -0700, "CS" wrote:

    >Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
    >> 4 Apr 2005 08:13:26 -0700, CS:
    >> You don't have M$ Outlook installed. AFAIK, this is the only program
    >> AS can sync with. Usually PPCs come with a disc that contains a
    >> version of Outlook. Maybe what you are looking for are backups, not
    >> sync.
    >> --
    >> Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    >> "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
    >> http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

    >Forgive my ignorance here but are you talking about outlook express? I
    >do have that installed on my pc. I'm not sure if I'm looking for

    Outlook is _not_ the same as Outlook Express. And I'm pretty sure
    ActiveSync works only with Outlook. If you have the CD that came with
    your iPAQ, it probably includes a copy of Outlook that you can
    install. If you don't have that CD, I'm sure you can get a copy
    somewhere else, but I don't have any leads.

    >backups or sync (I'm very new to PPCs, obviously). All I know is when I
    >try to sync it I get a menu thats says the items are not installed .
    >Thanks for the reply.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R