Blackberry server v4.0 - Handheld

This is a discussion on Blackberry server v4.0 - Handheld ; Hi whats the purpose of the ports view in the blackberry manager? Should be able to attach varies bb directly to the server for upgrades etc... what pdf thanks...

  1. Blackberry server v4.0

    Hi

    whats the purpose of the ports view in the blackberry manager? Should be
    able to attach varies bb directly to the server for upgrades etc...

    what pdf

    thanks

  2. Re: Blackberry server v4.0

    I'm a newbie with a BES server, but yes, you can connect a BB directly
    to the server for upgrades. I've done it several times. However it's
    pretty easy to send upgrades to the user directly. I'm not sure if
    this is only with a BES4.0, but if you create a software configuration
    for each model of device you have, you can assign that configuration to
    the user in the handheld view. Then just send them an email with a
    link to the application loader on the server and when they click it,
    the upgrade launches.

+ Reply to Thread