Intermec 700c: Restore data after cold boot - Handheld

This is a discussion on Intermec 700c: Restore data after cold boot - Handheld ; Hi, I'm using an Intermec 700c and am wondering if there is any way to execute a reg (or cab) file after a cold boot? (for example if you place such a file in the application dir on a symbol ...

  1. Intermec 700c: Restore data after cold boot

    Hi,

    I'm using an Intermec 700c and am wondering if there is any way to execute
    a reg (or cab) file after a cold boot?
    (for example if you place such a file in the application dir on a symbol it
    wil be executed once after cold boot)

    besides that, is it posible to make an cab file readonly so it won't be
    removed after executed?

  2. Re: Intermec 700c: Restore data after cold boot

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:39:26 GMT, "Thony via PocketPCJunkies.com"
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm using an Intermec 700c and am wondering if there is any way to execute
    >a reg (or cab) file after a cold boot?
    >(for example if you place such a file in the application dir on a symbol it
    >wil be executed once after cold boot)

    Cold reboot removes _all_ files in normal application directories, so
    nothing would be around to execute. Several versions of Windows CE
    (Pocket PC 2002 and Pocket PC 2003 at least) support an autorun
    facility. For more info, use google
    (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up
    autorun
    in microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer

    >besides that, is it posible to make an cab file readonly so it won't be
    >removed after executed?

    Sure, make it read-only on your "desktop" (other end of the ActiveSync
    connection) and _then_ copy it over.

    This topic is discussed every couple of weeks, so google _will_ help
    you find more info. Unfortunately, the questions can be asked in many
    ways so finding a good search string is challenging. I can't think of
    a good one offhand, but the search for autorun is close.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118