Industrial handhelds - Handheld

This is a discussion on Industrial handhelds - Handheld ; Hi. I'm looking for manufacturers of industrial handhelds. The most iportant thing is alphanumeric keypad. Which company would you reccomend? -- Best regards...

  1. Industrial handhelds

    --
    Best regards

  2. Re: Industrial handhelds

    "harrymck" wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm looking for manufacturers of industrial handhelds.
    > The most iportant thing is alphanumeric keypad.
    > Which company would you reccomend?
    >
    > --
    > Best regards

    I would recommend having a look at Symbol Technologies. They have several
    lines of industrial type palms, pocket pcs, mobile computers, etc. The
    company I work for has about 5,000 of the Symbol Pocket PC 8100 series units
    in use - we've not really had much of a problem with them.

    http://www.symbol.com/products/

    Hope this helps.

  3. Re: Industrial handhelds

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:53:45 +0100, harrymck
    wrote:

    >Hi.
    >
    >I'm looking for manufacturers of industrial handhelds.
    >The most iportant thing is alphanumeric keypad.
    >Which company would you reccomend?

    You should check Symbol, Intermec, Handheld Products, Husky, Casio,
    and several others.

    I've posted a few lists. Unfortunately, finding them isn't as easy as
    I (let alone you) would like. But if you use google
    (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up
    rugged
    in posts from me you'll get some leads.

    Also, I just used google to look up
    rugged
    in this newsgroup and got 130 hits. I took a quick look and noticed
    that several are > 3 years old, but I still think you'll at least get
    some leads. Similar results (156 hits) when I looked up
    industrial

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R