Another embedded visual basic problem - Handheld

This is a discussion on Another embedded visual basic problem - Handheld ; I downloaded eVB (from the MS website) onto my PC. I transferred the file (being a "cab" file) to my PPC using the explorer on activesync 3.8. But when I try to run the file from my PPC, I get ...

  1. Another embedded visual basic problem

    I downloaded eVB (from the MS website) onto my PC. I transferred the file (being a "cab" file) to my PPC using the explorer on activesync 3.8. But when I try to run the file from my PPC, I get the following message: "The file ... is not a valid windows CE Setup file".

    My PPC (the i-mate JAM) uses Windows Mobile 2003, Second Edition.

    What am I doing wrong?

  2. Re: Another embedded visual basic problem

    Hayden Scott via PocketPCJunkies.com wrote:
    > I downloaded eVB (from the MS website) onto my PC. I transferred the
    > file (being a "cab" file) to my PPC using the explorer on activesync
    > 3.8. But when I try to run the file from my PPC, I get the following
    > message: "The file ... is not a valid windows CE Setup file".
    >
    > My PPC (the i-mate JAM) uses Windows Mobile 2003, Second Edition.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?

    The cab is a compressed installation archive much like a zip file. It
    must be installed. Google for "cab installer".