Toshiba PDA - Handheld

This is a discussion on Toshiba PDA - Handheld ; Now that Toshiba has no tech support for their PDA's (at least for all practical matters), Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the CD that came with my e740? My 3 yr old stepped on it ...

  1. Toshiba PDA

    Now that Toshiba has no tech support for their PDA's (at least for all practical matters), Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the CD that came with my e740? My 3 yr old stepped on it and snapped it in half. I still have the case with the product key on it, so I am only in need of the software. If you know anything, you can post back here, or email me at brandonu(at)gmail.com

  2. Re: Toshiba PDA

    "Brandon Uhlig via PocketPCJunkies.com"
    wrote in news:08cf9f6c04d147e599e42010bb90ee4d@PocketPCJunk ies.com:

    > Now that Toshiba has no tech support for their PDA's (at least for all
    > practical matters), Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the CD
    > that came with my e740? My 3 yr old stepped on it and snapped it in
    > half. I still have the case with the product key on it, so I am only
    > in need of the software. If you know anything, you can post back
    > here, or email me at brandonu(at)gmail.com

    I'm not sure where in the world you are, however I believe that Toshiba
    still offers support, unless you are in the USA (where they have
    "dropped out" of the market) or Canada (where they are less than useless
    - but they always were, so there is no difference there).
    Try this link:
    http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.c...jsp?service=UK

  3. Re: Toshiba PDA

    Thanks for the response. I am in the USA (lucky me, at least where Toshiba is concerned...) Is that all that was on the disk that I would need (plus activesync from Microsoft)? I was wondering because i have a new computer and the Toshiba hasn't been used in about a year, so I have no idea what I would need off the disk to get the Toshiba functioning with my computer. What I really would like is an image of the original disc, but I'm pretty sure that would be a little hard to come by

  4. Re: Toshiba PDA

    wrote in news:dd116b40e425433fabd0a11d3a94f029@PocketPCJunk ies.com:

    > Thanks for the response. I am in the USA (lucky me, at least where
    > Toshiba is concerned...) Is that all that was on the disk that I
    > would need (plus activesync from Microsoft)? I was wondering because
    > i have a new computer and the Toshiba hasn't been used in about a
    > year, so I have no idea what I would need off the disk to get the
    > Toshiba functioning with my computer. What I really would like is an
    > image of the original disc, but I'm pretty sure that would be a little
    > hard to come by

    I _think_ that's pretty much all that's there. Except for Outlook, of
    course! I have an 830, so I can't really say for sure.

  5. Re: Toshiba PDA

    once again, thank you for your help!