cannot perform soft reset - Handheld

This is a discussion on cannot perform soft reset - Handheld ; Hi, When I try to soft reset my ipaq 3760 it performs a hard reset. I don't push the reset button too long, even when I perform a soft reset command using Itask, a hard reset is performed. I am ...

  1. cannot perform soft reset

    Hi,
    When I try to soft reset my ipaq 3760 it performs a hard reset. I
    don't push the reset button too long, even when I perform a soft reset
    command using Itask, a hard reset is performed.
    I am developing an application for the pocket pc and it 'hangs'
    regularly, so it is very annoying to have to do a hard reset each
    time. Ihave to calibrate the screen again, set the time zone, create a
    new partnership and download the compact framework all over again,
    this takes a lot of time! Does anyone know how to solve this?

    Brenda

  2. Re: cannot perform soft reset

    Brenda wrote:

    > Hi,
    > When I try to soft reset my ipaq 3760 it performs a hard reset. I
    > don't push the reset button too long, even when I perform a soft reset
    > command using Itask, a hard reset is performed.
    > I am developing an application for the pocket pc and it 'hangs'
    > regularly, so it is very annoying to have to do a hard reset each
    > time. Ihave to calibrate the screen again, set the time zone, create a
    > new partnership and download the compact framework all over again,
    > this takes a lot of time! Does anyone know how to solve this?
    >
    > Brenda

    Your application is probably compromising the integrity of the PDA's OS,
    e.g. by writing to a wrong memory address or by branching to such an
    address.
    Note that PDA Operating Systems are in general more vulnerable to such
    errors because of hardware compromises favoring low power and small size.
    You should test new SW e.g. on a PDA simulator, which can signal bad
    behavior.
    Such a tool is normally expected in a serious SW development environment.

    --
    Veel plezier / Have fun
    Bert

    Mail via hccnet.nl

  3. Re: cannot perform soft reset

    my application uses the serial port of the pda to communicate, and it
    hangs when I start the application (and try to open the port) when data
    is already arriving over the serial line. I cannot test this using the
    simulator

    Brenda

+ Reply to Thread