T5 or X50? - Handheld

This is a discussion on T5 or X50? - Handheld ; Hi! I am a long time Palm user and even though at the moment neither the available Palm models nor the Pocket-PCs appeal to me very much, I have to replace my broken PDA. I am currently trying to decide ...

  1. T5 or X50?

    Hi!

    I am a long time Palm user and even though at the moment neither the
    available Palm models nor the Pocket-PCs appeal to me very much, I
    have to replace my broken PDA.

    I am currently trying to decide between a Palm Tungsten T5 and a Dell
    Axim X50 (with WLAN).

    I currently use my PDA for PIM (30% of the time), Games (10% - chess
    and the like - no video/action) and Ebooks (60%).

    The most important things for me are:

    - good battery life
    - good display
    - reliable device
    - configurable to my needs/preferences (I mean some equivalent to the
    old Palm-Hacks would be great to have)

    I also would like to use my new device for

    - MP3
    - pdf (if possible without having to convert documents on a PC)
    - office documents

    If I would buy a WLAN-card for the Palm, both devices would cost about
    the same, so could someone please advise me here?

    Many thanks!

  2. Re: T5 or X50?

    if ebooks, pim, and simple games are going to basically be your limit, i'm
    thinking palm, but you tossed in wifi. I have an ipaq 4150 and do all of
    those things, plus action games, full excel, word, and pdf (w/add-in software),
    and use my pda as a 4-alarm clock. with the extended battery I get about
    8 real work hours from the device. do more research based on more specific
    needs, or just buy the palm.

    In message ,
    MHasenoehrl@gmx.net (Markus) wrote:
    Don't cry... it's almost over.Hi!
    Don't cry... it's almost over.
    Don't cry... it's almost over.I am a long time Palm user and even though at
    the moment neither the
    Don't cry... it's almost over.available Palm models nor the Pocket-PCs appeal
    to me very much, I
    Don't cry... it's almost over.have to replace my broken PDA.
    Don't cry... it's almost over.
    Don't cry... it's almost over.I am currently trying to decide between a Palm
    Tungsten T5 and a Dell
    Don't cry... it's almost over.Axim X50 (with WLAN).
    Don't cry... it's almost over.
    Don't cry... it's almost over.I currently use my PDA for PIM (30% of the time),
    Games (10% - chess
    Don't cry... it's almost over.and the like - no video/action) and Ebooks (60%).
    Don't cry... it's almost over.
    Don't cry... it's almost over.The most important things for me are:
    Don't cry... it's almost over.
    Don't cry... it's almost over.- good battery life
    Don't cry... it's almost over.- good display
    Don't cry... it's almost over.- reliable device
    Don't cry... it's almost over.- configurable to my needs/preferences (I mean
    some equivalent to the
    Don't cry... it's almost over.old Palm-Hacks would be great to have)
    Don't cry... it's almost over.
    Don't cry... it's almost over.I also would like to use my new device for
    Don't cry... it's almost over.
    Don't cry... it's almost over.- MP3
    Don't cry... it's almost over.- pdf (if possible without having to convert
    documents on a PC)
    Don't cry... it's almost over.- office documents
    Don't cry... it's almost over.
    Don't cry... it's almost over.If I would buy a WLAN-card for the Palm, both
    devices would cost about
    Don't cry... it's almost over.the same, so could someone please advise me
    here?
    Don't cry... it's almost over.
    Don't cry... it's almost over.Many thanks!
    --
    Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
    Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/

+ Reply to Thread