Question about USB connectivity and Pocket PC with other devices. - Handheld

This is a discussion on Question about USB connectivity and Pocket PC with other devices. - Handheld ; I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will ...

  1. Question about USB connectivity and Pocket PC with other devices.

    I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
    camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
    outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
    allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
    porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.

  2. Re: Question about USB connectivity and Pocket PC with other devices.

    wrote in message
    news:1108577357.492094.221210@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
    > camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
    > outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
    > allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
    > porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.

    Nope, can't do that. Both your camera and your Pocket PC are peripheral
    devices. The USB system does not support peer-to-peer comunication and thus
    requires a host controller.

    Ian.

  3. Re: Question about USB connectivity and Pocket PC with other devices.

    Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:22:12 -0000, Electrical Fan Club:

    > wrote in message
    > news:1108577357.492094.221210@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    >> I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
    >> camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
    >> outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
    >> allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
    >> porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.
    >>

    > Nope, can't do that. Both your camera and your Pocket PC are peripheral
    > devices. The USB system does not support peer-to-peer comunication and thus
    > requires a host controller.
    >
    > Ian.

    I believe there was a USB Expansion Pack for iPaqs. But since you
    didn't state your device's type... :-|
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

  4. Re: Question about USB connectivity and Pocket PC with other devices.

    wrote in message
    news:1108577357.492094.221210@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
    > camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
    > outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
    > allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
    > porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.

    There is such a device - its called a PC (personal computer). The "
    portable battery-powered" version is known as a "laptop". This will be able
    to retrieve photos from your camera and transfer them to your Pocket PC )

    Tony

  5. Re: Question about USB connectivity and Pocket PC with other devices.

    Again, tony is a jackass. thanks

    I've read about the SYNCBOX and syncbox 2 coming out soon. anyone used
    this or know if this would meet my needs? sounds pretty good. by Macally

  6. Re: Question about USB connectivity and Pocket PC with other devices.

    aquollie@aol.com wrote:
    > Again, tony is a jackass. thanks
    >
    > I've read about the SYNCBOX and syncbox 2 coming out soon. anyone

    used
    > this or know if this would meet my needs? sounds pretty good. by

    Macally

    I think that it might be nesescary to have a certain type of filesystem
    on the device, because one of its features is that it lets you browse
    files and folders. So this might not work for "exotic" filesystems,
    like the Alphasmart Neo's.

+ Reply to Thread