Mobile phone with PDA or PDA with mobile phone? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Mobile phone with PDA or PDA with mobile phone? - Handheld ; Anyone got any views on which is better - advantages and disadvantages? Cheers Deb...

  1. Mobile phone with PDA or PDA with mobile phone?

    Anyone got any views on which is better - advantages and disadvantages?

    Cheers

    Deb

  2. Re: Mobile phone with PDA or PDA with mobile phone?

    Deb wrote:
    > Anyone got any views on which is better - advantages and

    disadvantages?

    This is a rapidly moving target. Saw an article recently which
    laid out all of the technologies that are being pushed onto
    the cell phone/pda. Basically the larger trend is towards
    something akin to an electronic purse (wallet). PDA, cash
    card, mobile phone, wireless PDA, gaming device, video news
    and entertainment port.

    I have heard from some blackberry folks that it is a lousy
    phone but a great PDA. And PDA's are rapidly replacing
    the ubiquitous lap top for traveling executives since mostly
    they used it as an email port. I suspect ultimately at
    least 2 if not more devices will be hauled around by many
    of us based upon our desires for screen size, wireless capablity,
    gaming considerations, and phone quality/performance.

+ Reply to Thread