HP-35 Battery/Charger question - Handheld

This is a discussion on HP-35 Battery/Charger question - Handheld ; I've heard that the HP-35 will not operate from the charger without a battery pack installed. Is this true? TIA. -Steve...

  1. HP-35 Battery/Charger question

    I've heard that the HP-35 will not operate from the charger without a
    battery pack installed.

    Is this true?

    TIA.
    -Steve

  2. Re: HP-35 Battery/Charger question

    sraasch@yahoo.com writes:
    > I've heard that the HP-35 will not operate from the charger without a
    > battery pack installed.
    >
    > Is this true?

    No. It will operate from the charger, IIRC. You're thinking of the
    HP-21/25/etc. series which use the batteries as a voltage regulator.

  3. Re: HP-35 Battery/Charger question

    sraasch@yahoo.com writes:
    > I've heard that the HP-35 will not operate from the charger without a
    > battery pack installed.

    No. It will operate from the charger, IIRC. You're thinking of the
    > HP-21/25/etc. series which use the batteries as a voltage regulator.

    Which means that on the HP-21/22/25/25C/27/29C, if you attempt to
    operate the calculator with the adapter but without a good battery
    pack installed (and making good electrical contact), the electronics
    of the calculator will be damaged! :-(

    This saved HP perhaps around $0.25 in manufacturing cost. :-(

  4. Re: HP-35 Battery/Charger question

    Great. Thanks for the information!

    -Steve

    Paul Rubin wrote:
    > sraasch@yahoo.com writes:
    > > I've heard that the HP-35 will not operate from the charger without

    > > battery pack installed.
    > >
    > > Is this true?

    > No. It will operate from the charger, IIRC. You're thinking of the
    > HP-21/25/etc. series which use the batteries as a voltage regulator.

+ Reply to Thread