FAT32 on Tungsten E - Handheld

This is a discussion on FAT32 on Tungsten E - Handheld ; Anyone know if it's possible to get a Tungsten E to recognize FAT32 so I can use the full capacity of my 1 gig SD card? Is there perhaps a software update to fix this, or is it a lost ...

  1. FAT32 on Tungsten E

    Anyone know if it's possible to get a Tungsten E to recognize FAT32 so I can
    use the full capacity of my 1 gig SD card? Is there perhaps a software
    update to fix this, or is it a lost cause? Thanks for any info.

  2. Re: FAT32 on Tungsten E

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 04:48:26 +0000, Ron Maxey wrote:

    > Anyone know if it's possible to get a Tungsten E to recognize FAT32 so I can
    > use the full capacity of my 1 gig SD card? Is there perhaps a software
    > update to fix this, or is it a lost cause? Thanks for any info.

    Why? FAT16 is capable all the way up to 2GB
    The 512MB of FAT32 is its minimum, not the max for FAT16

  3. Re: FAT32 on Tungsten E

    Well, when I try to load MP3's onto a 1 gig SD card, it stops at about 480
    megs and gives me an error message. If I format the card in FAT32, it'll
    fill to capacity with no problem. However, the Tungsten doesn't see the card
    because it doesn't recognize FAT32. If I'm understanding you correctly, I
    should be able to use the card's full capacity in FAT16. If that's the case,
    is there something special I need to do to get to work, 'cause it's not
    doing it currently. Thanks.

    "Devlor Nakarti" wrote in message
    newsan.2005.02.04.13.02.50.64322@SPAMyahoo.com...
    > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 04:48:26 +0000, Ron Maxey wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know if it's possible to get a Tungsten E to recognize FAT32 so I
    >> can
    >> use the full capacity of my 1 gig SD card? Is there perhaps a software
    >> update to fix this, or is it a lost cause? Thanks for any info.

    > Why? FAT16 is capable all the way up to 2GB
    > The 512MB of FAT32 is its minimum, not the max for FAT16

+ Reply to Thread