LED blinks when "charging" -- Zaurus SL-5500 - Handheld

This is a discussion on LED blinks when "charging" -- Zaurus SL-5500 - Handheld ; Folks, My SL5500 charge/power LED started blinking when I connect the charger. Oh, and the unit is dead otherwise because the charger does exactly that and cannot power the unit without a live battery. Is this an idication of a ...

  1. LED blinks when "charging" -- Zaurus SL-5500

    Folks,
    My SL5500 charge/power LED started blinking when I connect the
    charger.
    Oh, and the unit is dead otherwise because the charger does exactly
    that
    and cannot power the unit without a live battery. Is this an idication
    of a dead battery or something much worse?
    If this is a dead battery, WOW are replacement on the costly side.
    Has anyone found an alternative to the Sharp EA-BL06 part? Has anyone
    found
    a battery better than the 950 mAh of the EA-BL06?

    Thanks,
    ~~~ Dan 0;-D

  2. Re: LED blinks when "charging" -- Zaurus SL-5500

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:37:58 -0800, saint wrote:

    > Folks,
    > My SL5500 charge/power LED started blinking when I connect the
    > charger.
    > Oh, and the unit is dead otherwise because the charger does exactly
    > that
    > and cannot power the unit without a live battery. Is this an idication
    > of a dead battery or something much worse?
    > If this is a dead battery, WOW are replacement on the costly side.
    > Has anyone found an alternative to the Sharp EA-BL06 part? Has anyone
    > found
    > a battery better than the 950 mAh of the EA-BL06?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > ~~~ Dan 0;-D

    Laptops for Less, standard SL5500 battery $29, SL-5600 battery also
    $29(can be stuffed into a 5500 with major hacking, but you're better
    building an external pack for the 1700mAh)

+ Reply to Thread