where the heck is Windows Media Player for PPC???!?!? - Handheld

This is a discussion on where the heck is Windows Media Player for PPC???!?!? - Handheld ; Why is this app no longer available on windows' web site? I would very much like to install WMP on ppc. All my friends that have a ppc say their ppc came with it, but mine didn't! If it's just ...

  1. where the heck is Windows Media Player for PPC???!?!?

    Why is this app no longer available on windows' web site? I would very
    much like to install WMP on ppc. All my friends that have a ppc say
    their ppc came with it, but mine didn't!

    If it's just not out there, can someone recommend a good substitute?
    Would like to be able to play wmv files, not too concerned about
    playing mp3.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: where the heck is Windows Media Player for PPC???!?!?

    briansmccabe@gmail.com wrote in news:1106850988.828907.115310
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > Why is this app no longer available on windows' web site? I would very
    > much like to install WMP on ppc. All my friends that have a ppc say
    > their ppc came with it, but mine didn't!
    >
    > If it's just not out there, can someone recommend a good substitute?
    > Would like to be able to play wmv files, not too concerned about
    > playing mp3.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Try this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...343426c5-a7ac-
    4a6b-a037-64f8c8def172&displaylang=en

    or this one and scroll down to line 34 or so...
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/P...n&categoryId=8

  3. Re: where the heck is Windows Media Player for PPC???!?!?

    Thank you very much!

    I tried to install it, however it tells me my device is not compatible
    with this software. I suspect its the version of the OS that is on my
    PPC. is there a way to upgrade the OS? i have reformatted this device
    several times but I have never flat-out replaced the OS.

  4. Re: where the heck is Windows Media Player for PPC???!?!?

    Ok, here's the deal - this player says I must have WMP for PPC v7.0
    already installed on the device in order for the download to install
    properly. Currently I have no WMP installed, and I am almost certain
    that my installation disc did not come with WMP on it. i don't know why
    but apparently I am the only person on the planet who has an IPAQ 1910
    that did not come with WMP.

    does anyone know of a way I can acquire WMP 7 for PPC so I can then
    install WMP 7.1 (the one referenced in previously posted link)?

  5. Re: where the heck is Windows Media Player for PPC???!?!?

    briansmccabe@gmail.com wrote:
    > Ok, here's the deal - this player says I must have WMP for PPC v7.0
    > already installed on the device in order for the download to install
    > properly. Currently I have no WMP installed, and I am almost certain
    > that my installation disc did not come with WMP on it. i don't know why
    > but apparently I am the only person on the planet who has an IPAQ 1910
    > that did not come with WMP.
    >
    > does anyone know of a way I can acquire WMP 7 for PPC so I can then
    > install WMP 7.1 (the one referenced in previously posted link)?

    Hi

    Is this it

    http://www.downseek.com/download/976.asp

    Lee

  6. Re: where the heck is Windows Media Player for PPC???!?!?

    Indeed it is, however my device once again appears to be incompatible.
    I give up! I have no clue why I cannot get WP on my PPC!! I think
    perhaps I need some sort of plugin related to IE installed first or
    something, I don't know.

    thanks very much for your help. I will bookmark the site you linked to
    for future reference.

  7. Re: where the heck is Windows Media Player for PPC???!?!?

    wrote in message
    news:1106860854.569405.164920@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > Ok, here's the deal - this player says I must have WMP for PPC v7.0
    > already installed on the device in order for the download to install
    > properly. Currently I have no WMP installed, and I am almost certain
    > that my installation disc did not come with WMP on it. i don't know why
    > but apparently I am the only person on the planet who has an IPAQ 1910
    > that did not come with WMP.

    I suggest that you do a "hard reset" to return it to its factory
    configuration. This should restore the software that it originally came
    with - but you will lose all the data and any new programs that you
    installed yourself.

    Tony

+ Reply to Thread