Blackberry 7520 Question - Handheld

This is a discussion on Blackberry 7520 Question - Handheld ; I have a few questions about the Blackberry 7520. I called literally 10 different Nextel locations in the DFW area and got several different answers. How can a company have a sales force that knows virtually nothing about the product ...

  1. Blackberry 7520 Question

    I have a few questions about the Blackberry 7520. I called literally 10
    different Nextel locations in the DFW area and got several different
    answers. How can a company have a sales force that knows virtually
    nothing about the product they are selling?

    ANYWAY… Is it possible to go to regular websites on the 7520, or is it
    just text only? I am a construction contractor and I need the capability

    of seeing live weather radar so I can tell when rain is coming through,
    a page like Intellicast.com for example. Will the WebViewer program
    enable me to do this? Or do I need to just get a wireless laptop
    connection and forget about a Blackberry? The email would be really
    handy though, would I be able to open up and edit and send Excel
    spreadsheets on it?

    I have been told by Nextel sales people yes definitely, maybe, no, I
    don’t know, I will call you back, that’s a good question, and a few
    others. Of the two that said they would call me back I never heard from
    them again.

    It’s too bad everyone in my industry uses Nextel direct connect.
    Otherwise I would have changed a long time ago.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: Blackberry 7520 Question

    Ask on http://www.blackberryforums.com

    Its not bad for help...

    "Ted" wrote in message news:41F6D172.3D5356E7@aol.com...
    >I have a few questions about the Blackberry 7520. I called literally 10
    > different Nextel locations in the DFW area and got several different
    > answers. How can a company have a sales force that knows virtually
    > nothing about the product they are selling?
    >
    > ANYWAY. Is it possible to go to regular websites on the 7520, or is it
    > just text only? I am a construction contractor and I need the capability
    >
    > of seeing live weather radar so I can tell when rain is coming through,
    > a page like Intellicast.com for example. Will the WebViewer program
    > enable me to do this? Or do I need to just get a wireless laptop
    > connection and forget about a Blackberry? The email would be really
    > handy though, would I be able to open up and edit and send Excel
    > spreadsheets on it?
    >
    > I have been told by Nextel sales people yes definitely, maybe, no, I
    > don't know, I will call you back, that's a good question, and a few
    > others. Of the two that said they would call me back I never heard from
    > them again.
    >
    > It's too bad everyone in my industry uses Nextel direct connect.
    > Otherwise I would have changed a long time ago.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

  3. Re: Blackberry 7520 Question

    Richard wrote:
    > Ask on http://www.blackberryforums.com
    >
    > Its not bad for help...
    >
    > "Ted" wrote in message

    > >I have a few questions about the Blackberry 7520. I called literally

    10
    > > different Nextel locations in the DFW area and got several

    different
    > > answers. How can a company have a sales force that knows virtually
    > > nothing about the product they are selling?
    > >
    > > ANYWAY. Is it possible to go to regular websites on the 7520, or is

    it
    > > just text only? I am a construction contractor and I need the

    capability

    > > of seeing live weather radar so I can tell when rain is coming

    through,
    > > a page like Intellicast.com for example. Will the WebViewer program
    > > enable me to do this? Or do I need to just get a wireless laptop
    > > connection and forget about a Blackberry? The email would be really
    > > handy though, would I be able to open up and edit and send Excel
    > > spreadsheets on it?
    > >
    > > I have been told by Nextel sales people yes definitely, maybe, no,

    > > don't know, I will call you back, that's a good question, and a few
    > > others. Of the two that said they would call me back I never heard

    from
    > > them again.
    > >
    > > It's too bad everyone in my industry uses Nextel direct connect.
    > > Otherwise I would have changed a long time ago.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance!

    Hi Richard,

    I support a lot of Blackberry's in my company. What you need is to load
    the desk top software on your PC and allow it to sync. The software
    will install the "Blackberry Browser" on to your Blackberry and this
    will allow you view most pages. Please be advised that JAVA support is
    weak at best and there are no plugins to support Flash ect. I hope this
    helps U.

+ Reply to Thread