WLI2-CF-S11 wifi card and kismet - Handheld

This is a discussion on WLI2-CF-S11 wifi card and kismet - Handheld ; I have a WLI2-CF-S11 network card I'd like to have working with kismet under OpenZaurus 3.5.2 on a Zaurus SL-C700. This card requires the orinoco_cs driver. I understand this driver requires a patch to use RFMON. When I use the ...

  1. WLI2-CF-S11 wifi card and kismet

    I have a WLI2-CF-S11 network card I'd like to have working with kismet
    under OpenZaurus 3.5.2 on a Zaurus SL-C700. This card requires the
    orinoco_cs driver. I understand this driver requires a patch to use
    RFMON. When I use the patched driver and try "iwpriv eth0", there is
    no ioctl shown for *monitor" mode. Kismet also claims it cannot put
    the NIC into monitor mode.

    Does anyone know if this card supports monitor (RFMON) mode ? I
    understand I will need this for use with kismet.
    Any ideas would be most welcome.

    OSS542

  2. Re: WLI2-CF-S11 wifi card and kismet

    On 25-Jan-2005, af804@bfn.org wrote:

    > I have a WLI2-CF-S11 network card I'd like to have working with kismet
    > under OpenZaurus 3.5.2 on a Zaurus SL-C700. This card requires the
    > orinoco_cs driver. I understand this driver requires a patch to use
    > RFMON. When I use the patched driver and try "iwpriv eth0", there is
    > no ioctl shown for *monitor" mode. Kismet also claims it cannot put
    > the NIC into monitor mode.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this card supports monitor (RFMON) mode ? I
    > understand I will need this for use with kismet.
    > Any ideas would be most welcome.

    I, for one have no idea of what you speak... Why ask this in a Palm OS
    newsgroup???

    WyreNut

    --
    If you had to ~run~ for your life, how long would you live?

  3. Re: WLI2-CF-S11 wifi card and kismet

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:58:35 +0000, Wyrenut wrote:

    > On 25-Jan-2005, af804@bfn.org wrote:
    >
    >> I have a WLI2-CF-S11 network card I'd like to have working with kismet
    >> under OpenZaurus 3.5.2 on a Zaurus SL-C700. This card requires the
    >> orinoco_cs driver. I understand this driver requires a patch to use
    >> RFMON. When I use the patched driver and try "iwpriv eth0", there is
    >> no ioctl shown for *monitor" mode. Kismet also claims it cannot put
    >> the NIC into monitor mode.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if this card supports monitor (RFMON) mode ? I
    >> understand I will need this for use with kismet.
    >> Any ideas would be most welcome.

    > I, for one have no idea of what you speak... Why ask this in a Palm OS
    > newsgroup???
    >
    > WyreNut

    Good question(WTF on a Palm Pilot group crosspost). It may in fact be
    more appropriate to ask in a general linux- or wifi-related group, than
    general handhelds/portables groups. Aside from that, don't know if it
    does. What brand and chipset is it? Maybe you can get more info on the
    card using it a laptop with pcmcia-cf adaptor and testing with kismet,
    given you already have the card.

+ Reply to Thread