Ipaq h6315 network connectivity - Handheld

This is a discussion on Ipaq h6315 network connectivity - Handheld ; I have an Tmobile h6315 that doesn't want to connect to the gprs data link. The phone part work but when it tries to connect for data it searches for ever. I have tested the sim card in another machine ...

  1. Ipaq h6315 network connectivity

    I have an Tmobile h6315 that doesn't want to connect to the gprs data
    link. The phone part work but when it tries to connect for data it searches
    for ever. I have tested the sim card in another machine (treo) and it
    works, and the treo sim card in the h6315 has the same symptoms (phone
    works, data doesn't).

    I did try a hard reset, and the phone still works, but the data connection
    still never succeeds. This looks like a setup problem, but inspite
    of looking closely through all the setup options and playing with them
    nothing makes any difference (except I can stop the phone part from
    working too :-).

    The wifi part does work fine.

    Any suggestions?

    thanks

    Alan

    Alan W Black email: awb@cs.cmu.edu
    Language Technologies Institute http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~awb/
    Carnegie Mellon University tel: +1-412-268-6299
    5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh PA, 15213, USA. fax: +1-412-268-6298

  2. Re: Ipaq h6315 network connectivity

    Alan W Black writes:

    > I have an Tmobile h6315 that doesn't want to connect to the gprs data
    > link. The phone part work but when it tries to connect for data it searches
    > for ever. I have tested the sim card in another machine (treo) and it
    > works, and the treo sim card in the h6315 has the same symptoms (phone
    > works, data doesn't).
    >
    > I did try a hard reset, and the phone still works, but the data connection
    > still never succeeds. This looks like a setup problem, but inspite
    > of looking closely through all the setup options and playing with them
    > nothing makes any difference (except I can stop the phone part from
    > working too :-).
    >
    > The wifi part does work fine.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    I found the solution. I set the T-Mobile connection to be
    internet2.voicestream.com, rather than wap.voicestream.com as it
    was by default and it worked.

    (I follow up so people can find this answer if they later search for it).

    Alan

    > thanks
    >
    > Alan
    >
    > Alan W Black email: awb@cs.cmu.edu
    > Language Technologies Institute http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~awb/
    > Carnegie Mellon University tel: +1-412-268-6299
    > 5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh PA, 15213, USA. fax: +1-412-268-6298

  3. Re: Ipaq h6315 network connectivity

    Alan W Black wrote:
    > Alan W Black writes:
    >
    > > I have an Tmobile h6315 that doesn't want to connect to the gprs

    data
    > > link. The phone part work but when it tries to connect for data it

    searches
    > > for ever. I have tested the sim card in another machine (treo) and

    it
    > > works, and the treo sim card in the h6315 has the same symptoms

    (phone
    > > works, data doesn't).
    > >
    > > I did try a hard reset, and the phone still works, but the data

    connection
    > > still never succeeds. This looks like a setup problem, but inspite
    > > of looking closely through all the setup options and playing with

    them
    > > nothing makes any difference (except I can stop the phone part from
    > > working too :-).
    > >
    > > The wifi part does work fine.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?

    > I found the solution. I set the T-Mobile connection to be
    > internet2.voicestream.com, rather than wap.voicestream.com as it
    > was by default and it worked.
    >
    > (I follow up so people can find this answer if they later search for

    it).

    > Alan
    >

    > > thanks
    > >
    > > Alan
    > >
    > > Alan W Black email: awb@cs.cmu.edu
    > > Language Technologies Institute

    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~awb/
    > > Carnegie Mellon University tel: +1-412-268-6299
    > > 5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh PA, 15213, USA. fax: +1-412-268-6298

    I was having sporadic problems connecting with my 6315 after changing
    to the alternate address it's connecting much better.

    Thanks

    -Keith

+ Reply to Thread