HP Jornada 520 - Handheld

This is a discussion on HP Jornada 520 - Handheld ; Hi Someone has give me a HP Jornada 520 pocket PC to play with. All I have is the device and a power cable but he tells me that the sync cable will be coming as soon as he can ...

  1. HP Jornada 520

    Hi

    Someone has give me a HP Jornada 520 pocket PC to play with. All I
    have is the device and a power cable but he tells me that the sync
    cable will be coming as soon as he can find it but i dont have any
    manuals or anything.

    For now I have figured out how to sync it via infra red on my laptop
    so at least i have some way of getting software to it - the problem is
    what software can I use.

    I realise that this is an old device but surely some people out there
    still use them. Finding software to run on it seems to be non-trivial
    due to the large number of hardware/software configurations there seem
    to be on pocket PC. I certainly didn't have this much trouble getting
    lots of nice software for an aging palm m105.

    So - what I can find out about this device is that it has
    16mb RAM
    Running windows CE 3.0
    processor is a Shx SH3 running at 133Mhz (I think)

    Stuff I would like to be able to do with it include
    play games
    code in c++ / java
    emulate early computers such as spectrum, commodore, apple II
    read ebooks

    Does anyone know of any repositories of sofware that will be old-ppc
    friendly?

    Thanks
    Mike

  2. Re: HP Jornada 520

    Ebay would be the best place for look for these softwares,
    I also got a JOrnada 520 series, but NO CD, Friend lost the CD, and I
    am looking for a CD for Sync?

    Mike wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Someone has give me a HP Jornada 520 pocket PC to play with. All I
    > have is the device and a power cable but he tells me that the sync
    > cable will be coming as soon as he can find it but i dont have any
    > manuals or anything.
    >
    > For now I have figured out how to sync it via infra red on my laptop
    > so at least i have some way of getting software to it - the problem

    is
    > what software can I use.
    >
    > I realise that this is an old device but surely some people out there
    > still use them. Finding software to run on it seems to be

    non-trivial
    > due to the large number of hardware/software configurations there

    seem
    > to be on pocket PC. I certainly didn't have this much trouble

    getting
    > lots of nice software for an aging palm m105.
    >
    > So - what I can find out about this device is that it has
    > 16mb RAM
    > Running windows CE 3.0
    > processor is a Shx SH3 running at 133Mhz (I think)
    >
    > Stuff I would like to be able to do with it include
    > play games
    > code in c++ / java
    > emulate early computers such as spectrum, commodore, apple II
    > read ebooks
    >
    > Does anyone know of any repositories of sofware that will be old-ppc
    > friendly?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mike

  3. Re: HP Jornada 520